View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its just a bad tank day all around

heres issue number two for today ---
my redsea reef led 160 strobes like a disco ball. i cant look at the tank it strobes so bad..started right at the time that lights come on in the morning. i mean right out of the gate it was strobing

i have unplugged the light to powersupply connection and reconnected it. no help.

i unplugged it from my EB. For awhile no help. upon reconnecting it, the blue only still strobed but started going off and on as well..

i then plugged it into a completely different wall outlet and it still blue light strobes but the on and off issue has stopped.

i removed the light from the reef beats app and reinstalled. no help

it seems that the blue side of the light is strobing the white is fine at any % i set it to. if i turn them down to say 20% the strobing is not noticable.. but thats not cool.. here is the watts graph from my apex. clearly something is going on because the watss are all over the map starting yesturday and now this strobeing on off issue now.crap today.

i have contacted red sea support and sent an email.... im not sure why they wont put you thru to a person. but wanted to get yall input here on other things to try.. i mean its just been hanging there for a year. what the heck.
1671140383815.png

MySonWantedAHamster

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your light. I have a pair of 160s, and while your scenario sounds a little different I did experience some "strobing" on one of my lights. My light would eventually shutdown completely though after a few minutes. I ran through a lot of the same trouble shooting steps, and what I ended up finding was the power brick was bad. I used the brick from my other light and the strobing went away and worked as expected. Not sure if you have a second 160 but it may be worth checking out. I contacted RedSea, and they sent me a replacement power brick

OP
OP
david campbell

david campbell

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted RedSea, and they sent me a replacement power brick
how long did it take for them to contact you...? isent an email off this morning and still have not heard from them. and the phone number wont let you speak to a person just tell you to email them..

Nutramar Foods

Tathamet

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely sounds like something is faulty with the equipment to me. I’ve had leds on my freshwater tanks start doing this after a few years of use and suspected a power supply issue as well. I never actually got them fixed and would just replace the light since they were cheap enough.

Nutramar Foods

MySonWantedAHamster

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess to be fair it was about 1 business day. I initially contacted them on a Sunday, so I doubt the ticket was looked at before Monday morning.

It kind of stinks, but I'm coming to the realization that it's almost necessary to have some redundant equipment. I've had to make 4 warranty claims (all different equipment & manufacturers) within the first 10 months of my tank; i'm just lucky like that though.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Pacific East
Back