Redsea calcium, magnesium and Alk alternatives

Ree0712

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I currently am dosing red sea Alk daily and having to dose calcium weekly. I was just wandering if there was another brad which people would recommend instead of the red sea. I currently am using a 4 head reef dose for adding all this.

I want to use Tropic marin A- elements and K+ elements as when i last did a ICP test i was low on a few trace things that are in both of these but again after some info/advise if people have used these before.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use Randy's DIY with Tropic Marin Part C with trace added to alk and calcium. Pick the alk that meets your PH needs.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are all sorts of good brands and choices for alk and calcium supplementing, but one will still need to dose frequently.

What problem are you looking to solve by switching?

OP
OP
Ree0712

Ree0712

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are all sorts of good brands and choices for alk and calcium supplementing, but one will still need to dose frequently.

What problem are you looking to solve by switching?
There isn’t a problem, I just was going to start using tropic Marin a- and k+ so while I was looking at getting some different additives I wasn’t sure if there was a brand out there that gave better results

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used Seachem Fusion 1 and 2 for seven years.
Seems more concentrated than others so cost is way better.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn’t a problem, I just was going to start using tropic Marin a- and k+ so while I was looking at getting some different additives I wasn’t sure if there was a brand out there that gave better results

I think you'd be hard pressed to detect significantly different performance issues from a wide range of calcium and alk methods, aside from the pH effect that may come along with them.

OP
OP
Ree0712

Ree0712

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd be hard pressed to detect significantly different performance issues from a wide range of calcium and alk methods, aside from the pH effect that may come along with them.
Thank you for the advise. It’s always greatly appreciated

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back