Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please show off your euphyllia dominated tanks! i don’t see them often. we are absolutely obsessed with hammers and frogspawns!

DED0CC40-0101-47F4-956E-5C797BBDEDFD.jpeg 76AB1355-A3A7-40D6-90DC-02E5FC7E12B2.jpeg 9745B3D8-7C1C-4FC6-BAD5-4E86BA2F1410.jpeg 7093D476-7A2C-4773-8772-3C919CDC4037.jpeg B7E1343A-ECE3-4E2F-BFEF-23C42061ECEB.jpeg

World Wide Corals
Corals.com
OP
OP
lucyretz

lucyretz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!!! How many years have you been working on the tank? Im about 1 year with my euphyllia - big growth from small fragzView attachment 2787012
Its 6 months old. We test like were getting paid to do so and have invested a small (or large) fortune into it. Im beyond jealous of your copperband, we tried one and had it eating like a champ but it randomly died less than a week later. but not before eating my plates and scoly lol

rogersb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't take great pics, but this is my torch island. Green w/purple tips, purple w/ yellow tips, NYK, gold, holy canoli, and an aussie gold. In January I took about 30-40 frags off this island and in January I'll do it again. They grow so fast.
20220815_132158.jpg

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

THESTRZA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its 6 months old. We test like were getting paid to do so and have invested a small (or large) fortune into it. Im beyond jealous of your copperband, we tried one and had it eating like a champ but it randomly died less than a week later. but not before eating my plates and scoly lol
Wow!! That is some amazing progress in six months!! I have had the copperband for 5 months and he is a happy camper! Grateful!! He was eating like a champ from day one. I didnt QT as i didnt have a lot of fish on his addition so I took the risk to not stress him out more.

diabolical_clownfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My IM 40.
@RBarth - wow, of all the tanks in this thread, your is my favorite and I think something I'm shooting for. If possible, could you walk me through your setup? In particular, I'm curious about:

- Placement of your torches on the left: seems conventional wisdom is moderate flow / middle-lower in the tank, but you have a wavemaker right above it and it's in the upper portions of your tank.
- Flow: is it just reflections or am I looking at a bunch of wavemakers?
- Is that a yellow clown goby hiding in the Duncan? I had one and it died within two weeks - just seems like too small to compete with the larger fish for food.
- What do you recommend for water parameters for your Euphyllia dominated tank? How your feeding regiment for the corals?

Thanks!

RBarth

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RBarth - wow, of all the tanks in this thread, your is my favorite and I think something I'm shooting for. If possible, could you walk me through your setup? In particular, I'm curious about:

- Placement of your torches on the left: seems conventional wisdom is moderate flow / middle-lower in the tank, but you have a wavemaker right above it and it's in the upper portions of your tank.
- Flow: is it just reflections or am I looking at a bunch of wavemakers?
- Is that a yellow clown goby hiding in the Duncan? I had one and it died within two weeks - just seems like too small to compete with the larger fish for food.
- What do you recommend for water parameters for your Euphyllia dominated tank? How your feeding regiment for the corals?

Thanks!
Thanks!!! So yes u are seeing a lot of wavemakers...5 to b exact lol. Max speed on any of them is on 15%. I set this tank up specifically for euphyllia or otherwise the torches would b lower. Run a t5/kessil combo and the t5 only runs 2 bulbs instead of 4 and kessil runs at max 30%. It is a yellow goby but unfortunately he didn't eat much either but fought the good fight for 4 months. I use Red Sea AB+ everyday and Reef Roids one Thursdays cuz I do a 30% water change every Friday. Easy to do with small tanks and I'm obsessed with white sand. Numbers: N 10-15, P .08-1.2, Alk 8.5-9, C whatever, ****Mg 1500-1600. My snails don't go into comas lol. Luckily my ph stays around 8.4. No magic there, just lucky I guess.

I will say my hammers grew almost too fast. Gave them 3 or so inches between them but I think they are slowing growth now because they are all over each other. In hindsight I wouldn't of bought that many but...well...u know.

Let me know if I can answer/help u with anything else!

A Young reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't take great pics, but this is my torch island. Green w/purple tips, purple w/ yellow tips, NYK, gold, holy canoli, and an aussie gold. In January I took about 30-40 frags off this island and in January I'll do it again. They grow so fast.
View attachment 2789223
Woah is there anything special you do?

diabolical_clownfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!! So yes u are seeing a lot of wavemakers...5 to b exact lol. Max speed on any of them is on 15%. I set this tank up specifically for euphyllia or otherwise the torches would b lower. Run a t5/kessil combo and the t5 only runs 2 bulbs instead of 4 and kessil runs at max 30%. It is a yellow goby but unfortunately he didn't eat much either but fought the good fight for 4 months. I use Red Sea AB+ everyday and Reef Roids one Thursdays cuz I do a 30% water change every Friday. Easy to do with small tanks and I'm obsessed with white sand. Numbers: N 10-15, P .08-1.2, Alk 8.5-9, C whatever, ****Mg 1500-1600. My snails don't go into comas lol. Luckily my ph stays around 8.4. No magic there, just lucky I guess.

I will say my hammers grew almost too fast. Gave them 3 or so inches between them but I think they are slowing growth now because they are all over each other. In hindsight I wouldn't of bought that many but...well...u know.

Let me know if I can answer/help u with anything else!
Awesome, thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Legendary
Back