Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a problem with red slime algae. Used chemiclean 4 months ago and it worked. Told blur legged crab eat itor snailbut No Crab ate snail for shell. And I had replacement shells of all sizes. Someone said a sea urchin but read they will eat my corals, that isn't going to happen. Is there a plant that will help or do I just have to vaccum it out as best I can or a fish maybe.

Nutramar Foods

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dealing with this too. Today I'm cleaning it up, I went over it with a turkey baster and sucked up as much of the thick stuff as I could. I then stirred and moved the sand around with a glass scraper and went over the whole sand bed with a siphon vacuum. I'm also adding a variety of snails, most of which are different sized cerith snails.. good luck, also watch your nutrients

OP
OP
Fishing in the dark

Fishing in the dark

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dealing with this too. Today I'm cleaning it up, I went over it with a turkey baster and sucked up as much of the thick stuff as I could. I then stirred and moved the sand around with a glass scraper and went over the whole sand bed with a siphon vacuum. I'm also adding a variety of snails, most of which are different sized cerith snails.. good luck, also watch your nutrients
I have a bugger of a blue legged crab that kills my snails heard about cerith but afraid that stupid crab will kill it my peramiters have been stable for almost a year that is why I start buying corals I bought three and wait a month to see how they do and three more could corals through things of balance. Doing a water change tomorrow so I guess turkey baster it is. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Fishing in the dark

Fishing in the dark

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bugger of a blue legged crab that kills my snails heard about cerith but afraid that stupid crab will kill it my peramiters have been stable for almost a year that is why I start buying corals I bought three and wait a month to see how they do and three more could corals through things of balance. Doing a water change tomorrow so I guess turkey baster it is. Thanks for the help.
A
Aluco thanks for the help took a couple of days but seem to be under control would love cerith snails but have a couple blue legged snails one is not very nice he has killed my snails and even a couple of crabs. Again ty my reef is looking better.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back