Red Sea Nanomat vs Klir Di-4 V2

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These have been on the market now for some time. Need to get an honest review from folks who have tried them. If you have tried both, do you have a preference?

I have the Klir Di-4 on my Eshopps RS-75 and only thing I can say is that it works well, but hasnt triggered the sensor to auto roll. I am not sure if im not letting it get dirty enough or what. I generally lower the sensor to activate and lift back up once it looks fresh again. It also doesnt fit the 4" sock hole snug enough and I get leakage. Which does lead to some detritus building up in my sump.

I want to try the nanomat, just not sure its worth the price.

Any help?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping this up for someone who maybe has experience with both of these.

Jeffbear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the NanoMat in my RS170 about 9 days ago. At first, I didn't think it was working (never saw it advance and the roll never looked dirty) but yesterday I opened the door to the sump and saw it advance. It fits in the 4-inch sock holder well and comes with a gasket for non-red sea filter holders. So far I like it.

OP
OP
enlighten

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to say that the Klir di4 works a lot better on the fiji cube 12 compared to my old rs 75. better seal on it, which is what I was looking for. Sensor is still finicky but I bought used and there looks like maybe potential water damage to the electrical unit. Not sure how that happened, but if i dont touch it, its fine.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back