Red Sea led 90 or AI hydra 32 hd for JBJ aio 45?

BRS

mtess80

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to get opinions on lighting for my JBJ 45. Thinking either Red Sea led 90 or AI hydra 36 hd. I keep a small variety of coral right now. Only a few small Sps frags. I was also thinking of ocean revive but I’m pretty sure I’d have a lot more control with one of the other lights in question. Please, any info will be very helpful. Thank you

DazAquariums

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the AI lights but not the redsea but I have seen them in action as a buddy has them. Honestly either one you can’t go wrong.

I like my AI because I like the control options I get and have been using the brand for so long but redsea really made their lights foolproof in my opinion. The only thing I can say is their lights imo look a little to blue to my eyes. I like a little more variety but they surely grow coral well.

OP
OP
mtess80

mtess80

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the AI lights but not the redsea but I have seen them in action as a buddy has them. Honestly either one you can’t go wrong.

I like my AI because I like the control options I get and have been using the brand for so long but redsea really made their lights foolproof in my opinion. The only thing I can say is their lights imo look a little to blue to my eyes. I like a little more variety but they surely grow coral well.
Thank you for the info!

Nutramar Foods

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can go from 8k upto 23k with the redsea 90 , I am using them 5 months and WOW , blows away my AI growout tank in basement thats plumbed in to the same water same flow same tank just ai ab + I actually run the blue and white channels even levels and its 15k 5 hrs and really makes everything pop like mad when I do the last 5 hours in blue only , plus the same app controls the lights and the wave pumps that just dropped which are sickness I have the nero 5 also , but i can remotely just log in and change anything from the redsea app on the road its so much better imho , also the redsea have cloud cover , which is super benificial to corals and mimics the real life reef much more accurately, and the shimmer oh boy looks so natural and picture taking is insane looking at that footprint , I would do 2 50s , just for shading of sps later on down the line, either way you are not gonna have to run em full power fora long time. They are like MH with control is the best way i can put it , and at 20k setting they look and perform like 250w radium to my eye.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Queen City Corals
Back