Red Sea G2 seam fail

Sidders89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s looks as if the Red Sea G2’s suffer the same problem as the G1’s. My G2 which was replaced under warranty 2 years ago has now failed on the front seam again. A replacement tank only is being sent under warranty but no stand as they said that would be fine. A

las I can’t bring myself to swap it all over again so my reefing journey is over. 2 tanks in 4 years is just terrible from such a big company. Good luck to all those who have Red Sea tanks
IMG_1827.jpeg
IMG_1823.jpeg

IMG_1848.jpeg

Orito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of silicon are they using? must be the cheapest c*** possible, I live in Brazil and the market is basically customs and made by some people that can barely read most of the time, we never hear of tanks leaking, much less seams failling like that.
To be honest a long time ago I remember the firsts red sea, AIO was the ones that leaked....

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey! Do you mind uploading a pic of the Serial Number label? Or Pm me? We’re discussing Gen 2 seam fails in a local club with an LFS owner who has contact with a Red Sea rep. Apparently the Red Sea rep says there is no documented seam fails for G2 tanks, which I know isn’t true due to all the posts I’ve seen.

OP
OP
Sidders89

Sidders89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Do you mind uploading a pic of the Serial Number label? Or Pm me? We’re discussing Gen 2 seam fails in a local club with an LFS owner who has contact with a Red Sea rep. Apparently the Red Sea rep says there is no documented seam fails for G2 tanks, which I know isn’t true due to all the posts I’ve seen.
Will pm you

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if it's possible, but are you able to place a long level or something flat that does not deflect along the underside? Just interested if there is any deflection in the top board with the full tank on it. Does the level lay completely flat in all directions, no gaps or wobble.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back