• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Red sea customer service is terrible

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

mottomegl

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so upset with red sea there customer service is terrible after spending over $15,000 in red sea tanks and products they treat me like crap. My re sea 4 head doser is not working and my corals are starting to suffer cause the 1 head is not working no matter what i do plus it keeps disconnecting from the wifi and the signal strength is strong there cause it is next to a extender. So I emailed red sea to tell them and they said they would call in 24 hours or less still haven’t heard from them as now i need to everyday test alkalinity and make adjustments cause the piece of crap doser doesn’t work and in there email back they ask for the reciept for it after my red sea tanks and red sea products are all registered they can’t do the right thing and call and help resolve the issue. I will never buy another red sea product after these response from red sea and the persons name is Amanda she is a terrible service rep she should be fired for the way she is handling this. I hope someone from red sea sees this cause there CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Shelf Aquatics

jp_75

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange… I never had any issues with them. Actually i exchanged couple emails with RS recently and she was one to write. Top notch for me.

HBtank

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so upset with red sea there customer service is terrible after spending over $15,000 in red sea tanks and products they treat me like crap. My re sea 4 head doser is not working and my corals are starting to suffer cause the 1 head is not working no matter what i do plus it keeps disconnecting from the wifi and the signal strength is strong there cause it is next to a extender. So I emailed red sea to tell them and they said they would call in 24 hours or less still haven’t heard from them as now i need to everyday test alkalinity and make adjustments cause the piece of crap doser doesn’t work and in there email back they ask for the reciept for it after my red sea tanks and red sea products are all registered they can’t do the right thing and call and help resolve the issue. I will never buy another red sea product after these response from red sea and the persons name is Amanda she is a terrible service rep she should be fired for the way she is handling this. I hope someone from red sea sees this cause there CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE
Not clear what the issue is.

From what I can tell, you have had to wait more than 24 hours (for a call, seems like they did email you back) and they asked for information to confirm your purchase?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
M

mottomegl

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue is one of the heads which is my alkalinity head has been malfunctioning for weeks i tried replacing the head didn’t fix the issue it is apparently defective i have done everything possible to try to resolve the issue and now it is at the point i have to manually do the dosing my self every day on top of running my business which consumes 15 hours a day and I pay a aquarium service company to come every week to clean and service the tank I am just frustrated with red sea and I don’t have time to chase after them to fix it. If they don’t get these resolved tomorrow I will buy a new doser from another company. Cause i am not dealing with a couple of corals image.jpg

OP
OP
M

mottomegl

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not clear what the issue is.

From what I can tell, you have had to wait more than 24 hours (for a call, seems like they did email you back) and they asked for information to confirm your purchase?
All my re sea products are registered with them I provided all the information in original email to them they could at least dealt with the issue before asking for a receipt cause we were not at the point yet were they said it was a defective doser and they were going to replace it

Top Shelf Aquatics

I.AM.MR.MIKE

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a two head that is working but I suspect you got a bad motor on that head if you have swapped heads around. They will take care of you but you have to provide what they ask for cause people try to rip them off and some probably have.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.. You could always take 2 minutes and switch the alk line to another working head and just take something offline such as mag or calcium. You can go without either of those for a bit until the issue is resolved. At this point they are doing their diligence just as you would as a business owner or I do as a business owner. Most likely the CS rep could care less what you spent as they have to follow protocol.

HBtank

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my re sea products are registered with them I provided all the information in original email to them they could at least dealt with the issue before asking for a receipt cause we were not at the point yet were they said it was a defective doser and they were going to replace it
I understand you are frustrated that a dosing head isn’t working, but it’s not clear how they have done anything wrong other than taking longer that 24 hours to call you and asking for proof of purchase (standard).

Corals.com
OP
OP
M

mottomegl

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update new person from red sea dealing with issue he said to do factory reset didn’t work so emailed them back and no response it seems they only check emails one time a day someway to run business but in there email about factory reset they said that if it doesn’t work would need to send it back and they would need to dignose it before sending a new one out which is just plain stupid run a reef tank that is burning through alkalinity and calcium daily and other heads are used for other things. My point of aggression is when i had my aqua illumination lights fail years ago i called them they sent out new ones while the broken ones were dealt with they charged me for new ones and when they received the broken ones and determined it was a warranty issue they credited back the money. Were red sea makes you jump through hoops to get warranty issues dealt with . All I asking for is a person to talk to and to send me a new doser charge me for it after i send the defective one back credit back my money no room for a doser to get stolen cause they got paid for one already. The worst part is next week I leave to go out of the country and i start traveling in out of the country for the winter

Reefing102

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I’m failing to see the issue. Typically a registered product is there only for product recalls and lawsuits against the products and the list isn’t used for much else.

Asking for proof of purchase is standard.

What it seems your asking for is another companies warranty policy in place of the Red Sea policy. Yes it may take a bit but I’m still not seeing an issue. Unfortunately, my only other suggestion is buy a new one to use now and then keep it as a back up while they figure out your issue with the current doser

ying yang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What your describing, as much as its a pain to be without what you want and paid for and expect to be working fine,sometimes things break and we need send back for them to verify its actually broke and see why not working then next step kicks in whether that be....
They say you not using correctly
Fix it and send back working.
Send brand new unit to you .
Tell you it's something you did to break it and it's chargeable to fix or replace .
Or whatever other reasons there could be.
As even though your probably right and it's just simply not working,a big company like red sea would have had umpteen items off all different kinds sent back to them when wasn't even broke or was something customer did to break it so sending out replacements without seeing problem first costs money ( I know you said charge you for another unit so can use and reimburse you if yours is faulty ) but then there left with a faulty unit that is now second hand but been fixed so cant sell as new now if they just charged you for another new one.

I've had some of same frustrations you had with a powerhead ( different manufacturer) which they wanted proof off purchase ( guess to see of still in warranty period) then emails back and forward taking over a week with them just telling me fault finding suggestions on how to possible remedy it which was on instruction booklet that came with it,then asked for me to send back,then they sent out new powerhead which in total took just over a fortnight in total, with all the time me stressing over flow in my tank pffft
I just ordered a dirt cheap powerhead off Internet to make do until was resolved and now got a spare incase happens again.

Even if I can't see where problem is,I often put myself in other persons shoes and try think what could be there reasons and why their policy is what it is ,and the rep even if hasnt dealt with your complaint as you would if liked,maybe she juat following protocol that she has been trained and taught to do by her superiors and on their website, there's probably their returns/warranty procudure explaining what they will do in event something not working or stops working .

Maybe try buy a second hand doser to get and set up and have running for few days to make sure working as you want before you leave town next week. Then if you send your faulty unit into red sea and get fixed then you have a spare.

If not happy with red sea procedures, then you could email relevant department with a suggestion which you think is better,but bare in mind it's a business.

Anyway not meaning to come across as being arsey as do get how frustrated it can be sometimes dealing with faulty merchandise, but they want and got obligation to fix the unit that you know own and I'm sure they don't want to end up with lots off fixed second hand units if just charge you for another.

Hope you get it sorted ASAP and hope all goes well with your tank

Nutramar Foods

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would prefer they build tanks that don't leak at the seams for twenty pages in help: red sea seam failure threads. I would never run water in their tanks, they're for flower displays only unless a living room has a big circle drain in the middle

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your upset because you didn't register the product, and now don't have the receipt.

You expect RedSea to take you at your word that it is faulty and should be under warranty.

Not RS fault that you have no proof of purchase.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral-vault.com
Back