Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, can someone help me out and tell me if this Is a sign of early bleaching? Excuse the excessive glue it was my first frag

IMG_20201015_204506.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it approx 5days. My water parameters are real good with the exception of Phosphates being a lil high at . 1. I haven't done any test since Saturday as I'm in the process of working out my dosing I will be retesting 2moro to see what I need to dose with the added corals. As said it was 1st coral added

AquaCave Logo Banner
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights are you using and how high up in the tank is it?
I'm using ocean revive 120w led and is approx 10inches above water. Only installed yesterday and monti looked like that before installing. Beforehand I had aquaone jbar which is on lid of tank. Does it look like bleaching to you?

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only installed yesterday and have no par meter
I borrowed my club's PAR meter and thought I'd post my results.

I'm really happy with the results. For lights, I'm running four Ocean Revive T247's. I have then going the long way front to back. I have two cross braces that really put a dent in my light. I also have bigger gaps between the outer fixtures than I do between the two center fixtures. This was so I could get the two center fixtures between two cross braces. I run my two outer fixtures at 90 blue / 75% white and the two middle fixtures at 85% blue / 70% white. Tank is 30" tall and 24" deep.

I'm getting about 660 PAR directly under the fixtures and just under the water. I got some pretty good readings on the sandbed, so it is no wonder my hyacinth birdsnest is thriving on the sand. I didn't learn a ton from this, but I did discover that some spots that I though might not get enough light to keep acros colored up, do in fact get plenty of light. Time for more acros!

The orange boxes at the top are where my fixtures are. The yellow boxes are where my cross braces are:

View attachment 220000

View attachment 220000
Found this on another thread. My tank would be of similar depth only exception is I have one as it covers my corner unit fine

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You said parameters real good. . . . what is good? Show us some numbers.

They require good flow and moderate lighting,
Temp range 77-79
salinity 1.025
alk 8-9
Mag 1300
CA 450
ph 8.2

Top Shelf Aquatics

schuby

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Numbers from Saturday and today would be very helpful for us. Did it seem to change colors more after you changed the lighting?

You mentioned figuring out your dosing. Has your Alkalinity and Calcium been dropping at a steady rate, causing you to want to start dosing?

mwil79

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not very familiar with ocean revive led but do you have it on 100%? I am only using an AI Prime HD16 which is half the wattage (not that wattage is the best way to estimate par) and I think I'm only using roughly 50%. My monti is roughly 10 inches from the top of the tank and getting a ton of flow. Give it some time it may just need to adjust. You will be looking for white around the edges for growth.

Corals.com
OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Numbers from Saturday and today would be very helpful for us. Did it seem to change colors more after you changed the lighting?

You mentioned figuring out your dosing. Has your Alkalinity and Calcium been dropping at a steady rate, causing you to want to start dosing?
I was told to test my water before adding my coral then test a week after adding coral to see how much I need to dose if anything. It may not need dosing yey to be honest as I still do 15-20% water changes weekly

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said parameters real good. . . . what is good? Show us some numbers.

They require good flow and moderate lighting,
Temp range 77-79
salinity 1.025
alk 8-9
Mag 1300
CA 450
ph 8.2
Hi sorry it was bedtime in Ireland when you replied. I will be testing today after work and will give in the figures

Ravsta

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking at how you’ve glued it. Did you use a 2 part epoxy? Apparently after mixing epoxy you should clean all residue from your hands before handling the coral because that stuff will literally burn coral tissue.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking at how you’ve glued it. Did you use a 2 part epoxy? Apparently after mixing epoxy you should clean all residue from your hands before handling the coral because that stuff will literally burn coral tissue.
It was actually glued as the 2 part epoxy I have is coraline colored so would look awful on coral rock

mwil79

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was told to test my water before adding my coral then test a week after adding coral to see how much I need to dose if anything. It may not need dosing yey to be honest as I still do 15-20% water changes weekly

For Monti I haven't been dosing anything in my tank as far as Calcium or Mag and still get plenty of growth. Weekly water changes and its doing great. Just feeding the tank reef roids but no specific Red Sea Foundation or anything specific to Cal/Mag/Alk.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does not look like bleaching to me. Just give it some time to settle in. OR lights are not that strong, you will be fine.
Thanks for your reply. When I bought it a small frag broke of it and I put that
For Monti I haven't been dosing anything in my tank as far as Calcium or Mag and still get plenty of growth. Weekly water changes and its doing great. Just feeding the tank reef roids but no specific Red Sea Foundation or anything specific to Cal/Mag/Alk.
Great to know, I have auto doser there and elements if I do need but that's 1 less thing I need to worry about thanks. I'm doing tests now so will update all parameters shortly

schuby

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, we dose Alk and Calcium once corals grow faster than regular water changes can keep up with. Otherwise, Alk and Calcium can quickly get very high. There is no hurry to dose when you're first starting with hard coral.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back