Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help! I have 4-5 Red/Orange Discosoma Mushrooms with unusual but pretty bubbles. I've searched all over the internet for information but have found nothing. I know they aren't bounce mushrooms.

This is so strange! I've never seen nor can I find anyone who has heard of these types of mushrooms developing bubbles.

Has anyone here seen anything like this? Do you believe this is a rare occurrence?

20191105_144234.jpg 20191105_144129.jpg

AS
OP
OP
MDKAngel

MDKAngel

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, that's normal appearance for some types of mushrooms.
Yes I understand it's normal for many other types of mushrooms to have bubbles such as the commenly known Rhodactis Bounce Mushroom, to name one. However, as I was trying to point out, and I did do some very extensive research, the bubble growth on the Discosoma Mushroom seems to be a bit more unusual. I can't find any similar pictures online anywhere. Can you???

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
MDKAngel

MDKAngel

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they were bounce eclectus shrooms.

View attachment 1282100
Wow I love the coloration of the red ones. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Very beautiful!♥️
That is exactly what my Red/Orange Discosoma Mushrooms are being to do. Not to that extreme but I have about 4-5 shrooms developing very distinctive bubbles on their hood. I am honestly a little excited about it because it is quite neat to look at and I've yet to find another like it.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Bulk Reef Supply
Back