Recommend me another fish (or more?) to put in my 25 gallon Nuvo.

Nutramar

DannoOMG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clownfish and a tailspot blenny. Should get another clownfish to keep the one I have company?

Could I get a firefish or 2? A goby of some sort but will that get in a fight with the blenny?

I wanted to ask the experts here what they would put in my tank before I do something stupid. I had a possum wrasse that was getting along with everybody but he jumped the day before the big tank move and I didn't notice it. Plus I want to get some nudibranches to eat my aiptasia when it warms up outside. So I am going hold off on wrasses until that job is done.

Thoughts?

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

kevgib67

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest a a royal gramma, colors pop and very peaceful. Might be shy the first week or three but then will be out and about. After swearing off damsels for over a decade I added. A yellow tail ( wanted some blue) very active and peaceful. Anything that will eat aptasia will eat berghia nudibranch, peppermint shrimp, file fish etc. Wrasses will eat the berghia nudibranchs but oddly when my aptasia was gone and they were on the glass with white lights on my sixline wrasse would swim by without giving it a look. Better safe than sorry.

kevgib67

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clownfish and a tailspot blenny. Should get another clownfish to keep the one I have company?

Could I get a firefish or 2? A goby of some sort but will that get in a fight with the blenny?

I wanted to ask the experts here what they would put in my tank before I do something stupid. I had a possum wrasse that was getting along with everybody but he jumped the day before the big tank move and I didn't notice it. Plus I want to get some nudibranches to eat my aiptasia when it warms up outside. So I am going hold off on wrasses until that job is done.

Thoughts?
I personally love a clown fish pair. Just make sure you add one significantly smaller or larger than the one you have.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

kevgib67

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I have enough of hiding spots for a gramma? I figured he needed a cave to feel safe.
Ya, mine initially stayed behind a power head to sleep but for the past year has a crevice in the rock work it prefers. You’ll be fine.
EF953E63-08E0-4130-8E61-A312342A280D.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
DannoOMG

DannoOMG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted some Firefish but seems like everyone has given me their two cents and Firefish are out of the question.

I will have mull over this later in the spring as to what I want. Probably just go another clown or basslet. I have had a RG Basslet before but something happened in my 13 gallon that killed him. I almost wonder if I was too eager to chemically remove algae and I caused a problem in the water.

Thanks for the help.

xiongsy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted some Firefish but seems like everyone has given me their two cents and Firefish are out of the question.

I will have mull over this later in the spring as to what I want. Probably just go another clown or basslet. I have had a RG Basslet before but something happened in my 13 gallon that killed him. I almost wonder if I was too eager to chemically remove algae and I caused a problem in the water.

Thanks for the help.
What did you do exactly that may have caused a problem why fighting the algae issue?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
DannoOMG

DannoOMG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do exactly that may have caused a problem why fighting the algae issue?
I think I mixed different chemicals together without giving enough time for others to pass. It is pure speculation. It is also possible I was under feeding too cause I was so concerned about over feeding. It's hard to say. Needless to say I don't chemical dose for algae anymore.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS
Back