Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to install a recirculating CO2 scrubber. This is going to be paired up with a Simplicity 320 DC skimmer. I’m curious if I bypass the air intake silencer and go straight to the venturi, how will I be able to adjust the air intake adjustment? Added a picture for reference. Only other thing I could think of is drilling a hole in the air intake silencer and just sticking the air line tube straight in? Thanks for the help in advance
3FCF8DB8-16A9-41FD-A7A1-7182A48A627F.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to install a recirculating CO2 scrubber. This is going to be paired up with a Simplicity 320 DC skimmer. I’m curious if I bypass the air intake silencer and go straight to the venturi, how will I be able to adjust the air intake adjustment? Added a picture for reference. Only other thing I could think of is drilling a hole in the air intake silencer and just sticking the air line tube straight in? Thanks for the help in advance
View attachment 3075885
Do you have a picture of the actual silencer to see how the air gets into it. My skimmer silencer has a nipple sticking out that a hose can go over

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all skimmers come with an air intake adjustment. If you plan on doing a recirculating co2 scrubber then you take the silencer off and tube. attach new tube to the venturi then into the co2 scrubber then into a small cup then into the lid of the skimmer.

Simple drawing.
3FCF8DB8-16A9-41FD-A7A1-7182A48A627F.jpeg

OP
OP
DevsFOWLR

DevsFOWLR

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all skimmers come with an air intake adjustment. If you plan on doing a recirculating co2 scrubber then you take the silencer off and tube. attach new tube to the venturi then into the co2 scrubber then into a small cup then into the lid of the skimmer.

Simple drawing.
View attachment 3076027
Thanks for clearing that up. What can I use to create a drip cup? I also purchased a lid attachment from FishOfHex to be able to connect the air line tubing

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I would not use a pure recirculating scrubber because it gives up on the oxygenation benefit of a skimmer.

If I were to use one, I'd at least find a way to have a portion of the air entering the skimmer be fresh (unrecirculated) air.

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for clearing that up. What can I use to create a drip cup? I also purchased a lid attachment from FishOfHex to be able to connect the air line tubing
I use the same attachment from fish of hex. You can use anything like a pee cup that corals come in sometimes (what i use) or a peanut butter jar.

OP
OP
DevsFOWLR

DevsFOWLR

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I would not use a pure recirculating scrubber because it gives up on the oxygenation benefit of a skimmer.

If I were to use one, I'd at least find a way to have a portion of the air entering the skimmer be fresh (unrecirculated) air.
I use the same attachment from fish of hex. You can use anything like a pee cup that corals come in sometimes (what i use) or a peanut butter jar.
Thanks for the help

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back