Recently placed hammer coral rubbing against rock. Need to replace?

Stoichiometry

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new hammer coral frag that is pretty big and I think I placed it kind of dumb since it was sucked in and underestimated how expanded it would get. It's slightly brushing up against some of my rock and wouldn't be able to expand more in that area. Do I need to move it? If I do, should I be able to just rip the frag (on frag rock) off my dry rock? It's super glued. Kicking myself for placing it badly as I don't want a bunch of super glue everywhere and messing with my rock scape more and violently is not ideal as most of it is resting snuggly on each other but not stuck together with adhesive. I'm a pretty new reefer, just fyi. Still learning

IMG-2581.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Joe31415

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's it's just superglue, it'll probably just snap off from the rock. However, I'd give it a week or two and see how it responds. It might be just fine.
Maybe just make sure the powerheads aren't blowing it directly at the rock.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new hammer coral frag that is pretty big and I think I placed it kind of dumb since it was sucked in and underestimated how expanded it would get. It's slightly brushing up against some of my rock and wouldn't be able to expand more in that area. Do I need to move it? If I do, should I be able to just rip the frag (on frag rock) off my dry rock? It's super glued. Kicking myself for placing it badly as I don't want a bunch of super glue everywhere and messing with my rock scape more and violently is not ideal as most of it is resting snuggly on each other but not stuck together with adhesive. I'm a pretty new reefer, just fyi. Still learning

View attachment 3060661
I have several like that which are doing just fine.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

GHL Advanced Technology
Back