Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded from a 10 gallon to a 30 Gallon tank. 3 days ago I moved my 2 clownfish and one RTA. In the 10 gal the clowns would not venture far from the RTA and were hosting it. In the new tank the clowns have done nothing but swim at a fast pace all over the place, and so far haven’t paid any attention to the RTA. They are eating well. I know patience is key, but just wondering if this is normal?

Corals.com
OP
OP
D

dlh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded from a 10 gallon to a 30 Gallon tank. 3 days ago I moved my 2 clownfish and one RTA. In the 10 gal the clowns would not venture far from the RTA and were hosting it. In the new tank the clowns have done nothing but swim at a fast pace all over the place, and so far haven’t paid any attention to the RTA. They are eating well. I know patience is key, but just wondering if this is normal?

OP
OP
D

dlh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posed this question to Bard, Googles AI) and here is the answer I received;

sparkle_resting_v2_1ff6f6a71f2d298b1a31.gif

There are a few reasons why clownfish might swim frantically when put in a larger tank.
  • They may be stressed. Clownfish are naturally timid fish, and they can easily become stressed when they are in a new or unfamiliar environment. A larger tank can be overwhelming for a clownfish, and it may start swimming frantically in an attempt to find a safe place to hide.
  • They may be searching for food.Clownfish are omnivores, and they need to eat a variety of foods in order to stay healthy. If there is not enough food available in the tank, the clownfish may start swimming frantically in an attempt to find something to eat.
  • They may be trying to find a mate. Clownfish are social animals, and they prefer to live in groups. If there are no other clownfish in the tank, the lone fish may start swimming frantically in an attempt to find a mate.
If you notice your clownfish swimming frantically, it is important to try to identify the cause of the behavior. Once you know the cause, you can take steps to address it. For example, if the fish is stressed, you can try to reduce the amount of light in the tank or add more hiding places. If the fish is searching for food, you can try to add more food to the tank or increase the frequency of feedings. And if the fish is trying to find a mate, you can try to add another clownfish to the tank.
In most cases, clownfish will eventually calm down and start swimming normally once they have adjusted to their new environment. However, if the behavior persists, you may need to consult with a veterinarian or experienced fishkeeper for further assistance

Nutramar Foods

xiongsy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's how my kids are as soon as I take them to the park lol.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back