Re-Homing Fish Tips?

Chris H Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, where I live was hit by a big storm that caused our power to be out for a little over a week. My tank got destroyed, all my corals died and all but 4 fish didn’t make it.

Rather than rebuilding I’m going to convert my setup into a freshwater tank for the easier maintenance too. I need to re-home my 2 clowns and 2 cardinal fish. Any tips on how to do that? I posted on Facebook marketplace, are there any other good ways to find my fish a new home?

Hemmbone20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you ask your LFS if they’ll take the fish back from you? My local store has been known to do that.. even offering store credit at times.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any local reef club or even posting free fish for pickup on this site may find the situation to solve your problem.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, where I live was hit by a big storm that caused our power to be out for a little over a week. My tank got destroyed, all my corals died and all but 4 fish didn’t make it.

Rather than rebuilding I’m going to convert my setup into a freshwater tank for the easier maintenance too. I need to re-home my 2 clowns and 2 cardinal fish. Any tips on how to do that? I posted on Facebook marketplace, are there any other good ways to find my fish a new home?
Craigslist, local clubs and any LFS that has survived the storm

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back