Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my puffer has been looking bad for a week. This morning his breathing was labored and he was on the bottom. Hasn’t eaten for a couple days so I knew it was coming. Went to check the tank and puffer is no where to be found. Noticed my rbta is huge and I see the puffers eye inside the nem. Rip puffer. Anyone ever seen this happen?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my puffer has been looking bad for a week. This morning his breathing was labored and he was on the bottom. Hasn’t eaten for a couple days so I knew it was coming. Went to check the tank and puffer is no where to be found. Noticed my rbta is huge and I see the puffers eye inside the nem. Rip puffer. Anyone ever seen this happen?

I'd do water change and run charcoal for a couple days because your puffer died. They tend to release toxins upon death BUT perhaps RBTA is going to be fine. Everything in the wild is an opportunistic eater. Mine have eaten other fish, though I tried to keep them fed with a half thumbnail portion of LRS 1-2x weekly.

My charcoal suggestion is just precautionary.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PS - you should take a photo while you can still see the eyes... not so much for us (though many likely would like to see that) but because you are going to want that memory in the future.

My recent crazy thing was an aptasia eating a bristle worm... I was SO shocked and instantly scared that aiptasia would become size of T-Rex that I got the big curled up bristle worm out of the aiptasia... but in hindsight I should have taken a photo, then gotten out the bristle worm, then put F-Aiptasia on the aiptasia... Once I'd covered aiptasia in F-aiptasia, only then did I realize I missed a photo opportunity (though... maybe I sleep better at night by not reliving it in color photo)

OP
OP
ReeferBill

ReeferBill

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the puffer was going to die. Not sure why he stopped eating. But he just went downhill. I think he swam to the top and then sank into the nem. Rbta looks better than ever. I couldn’t get a pic of it as it was almost gone by the time I saw it. Just saw his eye in there then he was gone. Crazy.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aqua SD
Back