Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m thinking about buying 4 clown fish and I’m new to the hobby I’m not trying to be cheap but I bought 4 new clown fish and feel like I can use only one packet of rapid fish quarantine compared to the 4 separate ones it recommendeds would this be a issue

image.jpg

Hal3134

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dose the meds based on the water volume, not the number of fish.

I used to use that stuff religiously for my new fish but it got to be too expensive. Now I use Mardel’s Quick Cure which has the same active ingredients but at a much lower cost per dosage.

OP
OP
B

Brandonphem

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dose the meds based on the water volume, not the number of fish.

I used to use that stuff religiously for my new fish but it got to be too expensive. Now I use Mardel’s Quick Cure which has the same active ingredients but at a much lower cost per dosage.
Was this stuff quite effective when at work and did it cause much stress to the fish?

Amantijt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this stuff quite effective when at work and did it cause much stress to the fish?
I’ve seen some videos on this stuff and from what I’ve seen, since I’ve never used it. As long as you follow the directions you shouldn’t see any visual stress. Each fish is different so it will vary but you can use one packet for multiple fish. Just make sure you watch them while in each bath and if possible one fish at a time to keep stress as low as possible.

Kzang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m thinking about buying 4 clown fish and I’m new to the hobby I’m not trying to be cheap but I bought 4 new clown fish and feel like I can use only one packet of rapid fish quarantine compared to the 4 separate ones it recommendeds would this be a issue

View attachment 1319360
Buy two. If you buy 4, they will turn into 2

Hal3134

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fish are fine. Just follow the directions. You can’t use formalin on scaleless fishes, and a few species of scaled fishes (like wrasses) don’t handle it well. It’s e same active ingredients as what you have, just blended together.

The dip/bath dosage isn’t on the bottle so let me save you some time: use 20 drops per gallon for 30-45 minutes.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats not that much space if you break it down by cubic feet. I would only do 2 as well. If ever owned freshwater fish, is similar to attempting to pairs of cichlids in a tank. In a large tank may work for a spell. Then one pair lays eggs.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Inkbird
Back