Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to DM this to you, but it looks like your DMs may be closed, so I figured I'll just post it publicly.

I just wanted to say. It's incredible the work you put in for everyone in this hobby. To be able to talk to someone as knowledgeable as you, on these forums is a testament to the power of the internet and human's social structure as a whole really. It's what makes the human species so successful.

I've been in aquariums and ponds for almost 20 years, but I just started my first saltwater tank around 18 months ago, 300 gallon. It's been an incredible challenge even with my biology, chemistry, & marine biology passion/background and 20 years of freshwater experience. Lol I feel like my freshwater experience was only 1% of what is needed to succeed with a large mixed reef tank.

I am trying my best to return the favor and pay it forward by helping others on the forum where I can, but I'm still early in my journey.

Also if you ever have questions about Bitcoin, crypto, web3, investing, and how that all plays into macro economics, those are my areas of expertise and I'd be glad to answer any questions you have or send videos/articles/podcasts. I've been in that industry for 8 years now and run some large companies/projects in the industry.

Thanks again Randy!

Since I'm posting this publicly, I'll add in thank you to everyone on these forums who make this hobby so much more accessible and enjoyable! Together we all increase each other's success rates I'm sure by orders of magnitude lol. Cheers to the fish people!
fish pet GIF

AS

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks folks! I appreciate it.

Happy Reefing. :)

"Also if you ever have questions about Bitcoin, crypto, web3, investing, and how that all plays into macro economics, those are my areas of expertise"

You have a prediction about Sam Bankman-Fried? lol

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks folks! I appreciate it.

Happy Reefing. :)

"Also if you ever have questions about Bitcoin, crypto, web3, investing, and how that all plays into macro economics, those are my areas of expertise"

You have a prediction about Sam Bankman-Fried? lol
Lol I missed this message somehow. Lol one of my business partners was one of largest shareholders at FTX early on, created Sam’s Twitter for him, and then left FTX because he didn’t trust what they were doing years ago. SBF ran a centralized exchange and market making/trading firm, that’s not crypto, that’s a sort of bank managing people’s crypto. Bitcoin is safe from all of that craziness and was actually created to avoid counter party risk of banks, and other custodians that control our assets, including government.

In current financial environment where trust in institutions and governments is at all time lows, inflation off the charts in most countries around the world, largest bank collapses since 2008, global debt towering higher than ever, and tons of financial instability, Bitcoin or other new systems to compete with the old, arguably broken and corrupted systems, makes more and more sense.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back