• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

For sale Raidon XR15 Light Spill shade

Sold
Easy to install and sits on the lip of the light. Available in black or any other color.
$44.99 to $59.99
Status
This item has been sold and is no longer available!

Ad details

Shipping
Shipping Available
- 3" height top to bottom and 5" height top to bottom available (custom orders possible too)
- 3 sides covered (left, front, right) and 4 sides covered available
- available in color of your choice (most customers choose black)

Send an email to [email protected] with questions or your order. Please include your color choice, full name and shipping address and I will send you an invoice. Thanks for looking and happy reefing!

CaptPatrick

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this affect the spread or par? I recently swapped my ReeFi Unos for XR15s and one of the cons with the Radions is how bright the light is when sitting on the couch, the Uno LEDs were kinda recessed so the light wasn’t visible from the sides.

OP
OP
C

chemisfun11

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a small amount of spread loss, but mostly excess light outside of the tank. I have reports of a 5-7% increase in par from the shades directing more light into the tank. If you want to increase par more an easy mod is applying aluminum tape inside the shade. This is what I hear from my customers. Hope this helps

john90009

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1673C7F0-C9EB-456C-A7C8-088ED49CB842.jpeg

I pulled the trigger on a set of shades from lee and I couldn’t be happier. The tank is in the living room and you would always see the reflection of the lights on the tv before I had the shades. It has eliminated the strong reflection of the lights on the tv. Also sitting a few feet away from the tank there is no light spill that can cause headaches to some people. I run my radions at 70% and still have an even spread of 500 to 250 par at all areas of my tank. In the middle of the tank where you would expect the shades to reduce the par, it did not and is still the hotspot in my tank. Highly recommend!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back