+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I came home today and I have 3 radion gen 4 pros connected to apex via WXM. I’ve had them for about 3 years. Never an issue after setup.

Today I come home and the middle radion is off. No clue what’s going on?

Help please!

Avast
OP
OP
N

nbd13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try switching the power supply, to verify it is still good?

I tried to unplug it and plug it directly into the wall via extension cord and it did nothing. But it’s also been 3 years since I set these up and I don’t think you can just plug it into a wall outlet and it work if it’s been programmed to the apex, correct?

No clue why it would stop working one day.

The fan still runs in it if that helps.

Corals.com

LiamPM

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you tried before others can advise?

Im assuming youve tried to view the light in either Mobius or Ecosmart? Have you tried power cycling the light, turning it off for 30 seconds then back on?

OP
OP
N

nbd13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you tried before others can advise?

Im assuming youve tried to view the light in either Mobius or Ecosmart? Have you tried power cycling the light, turning it off for 30 seconds then back on?

No I have not. How do you view it in eco smart again?

I’ve tried turning it off and back on with no luck.

I thought I saw the light flash once or twice if that helps.

LiamPM

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you originally control and set them up? Just via USB or via the web browser or app?

If its non responsive then a factory reset via the buttons would be my first go to but id definitely be checking the app or Ecosmart or whatever you chose to use to set them up via beforehand.

Corals.com
OP
OP
N

nbd13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you originally control and set them up? Just via USB or via the web browser or app?

If its non responsive then a factory reset via the buttons would be my first go to but id definitely be checking the app or Ecosmart or whatever you chose to use to set them up via beforehand.

Thanks. I set them up I believe with the web browser and usb connected to my computer. Then set them up on apex.

OP
OP
N

nbd13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m logged into ecosmart:

B48F8188-4EBA-464C-AC02-FD5631492FF6.jpeg

29C10FDB-7D12-4673-ACB9-8415AD3E09FB.jpeg

What does this mean:

“clock power”

you can see Light 2 say NO and light 3 says YES

Light 1 says YES as well.

Is this the problem? Is the light bad? Or how do I fix it?

LiamPM

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what "clock power" actually means, but i imagine its to do with teh time the device thinks it is and that it cannot syc to the live time etc.

Now that your in Ecosmart, id personally be hitting factory reset - Been a while since using Ecosmart but believe its under the "COG" icon on the device. It may well reset it and kick it back into action and its not really any hassle reprogramming it back to schedule whilst you have other devices still running it.

It would be what id do anyway.

On a lighter note your deices are MOBIUS READY meaning they have the Mobius chip inside which are like golddust currently - And your not even using Mobius :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

OP
OP
N

nbd13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what "clock power" actually means, but i imagine its to do with teh time the device thinks it is and that it cannot syc to the live time etc.

Now that your in Ecosmart, id personally be hitting factory reset - Been a while since using Ecosmart but believe its under the "COG" icon on the device. It may well reset it and kick it back into action and its not really any hassle reprogramming it back to schedule whilst you have other devices still running it.

It would be what id do anyway.

On a lighter note your deices are MOBIUS READY meaning they have the Mobius chip inside which are like golddust currently - And your not even using Mobius :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

thank you. I will try this when I get home.
If I factory reset it. I will have to go through the whole hooking it back up to ecosmart and then to apex again correct? Then just copying the programming from another radion over.

what does mobius do that apex does not? I guess I have no idea what mobius does haha

LiamPM

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it would require setting back up as if it were a new unit. Shouldnt be too torublesome though. Even the schedule wouldnt need to be redone or brought over as as soon as you hook the radion back up to the same tank as the others and hit programme it will just take the original schedule.

Mobius is their bluetooth version of Ecosmart that doestn require hooking up with USB or a reeflink. Its good to use right away. However if you used Mobius you would no longer be able to use the WXM and Mobius gets plenty of hate for its usablility hear and there. I have no issues without however.

Id say a factory reset is the only option at this point though.

GlassMunky

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you. I will try this when I get home.
If I factory reset it. I will have to go through the whole hooking it back up to ecosmart and then to apex again correct? Then just copying the programming from another radion over.

what does mobius do that apex does not? I guess I have no idea what mobius does haha
Don’t do it. Mobius is trash and you would loose all integration you have with the rest of your system via the apex

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back