Radion lights randomly doing their own thing. Is there a Fix??

arcangelreef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im very quickly losing confidence in these lights.
I have 5 XR15's. 2 G6 and 3 G5's.
Too many instances I've had these lights randomly just decide to do its own thing.
Ive woken up in the morning to having just a single light on doing who knows what when it should be off.
Ive come home to having a light seemingly running at 100% since i can hear the fan going non stop and the colour under that light looks off from my regular schedule. I cant for sure say its at 100% but its definitely not doing what the other lights are regardless of what mobius tells me. And its not always the same light. which leads me to believe its not a singular issue but a systemic issue with these lights.

Other day i tried to do some testing on some other lights so i setup a new tank in mobius and connected those lights, my display lights lost their minds. Even at one point trying to sync them all back up they forgot what time it i was.. running the schedule like it was 7:30 am when even in the app in settings it clearly showed the correct time.

Searching the web, it seems this is a common problem with radions and mobius. I found it hilarious, if anyone here watches reefbum's podcasts, keith had dong zou on and he told a story about a light that randomly went to 100%. Keith knew exactly what kind of light it was and reminded dong not to mention the brand since they sponsor his podcast. We all know what brand it was. Funny.

Anyone who owns radions must have dealt with these issues.
WHAT are you doing to combat this? is there something a guy can do to eliminate this from happening? Is there a firmware update or app update available I don't know about?

I work out of town a fair bit, I would like to be confident that my lights are going to be doing what they're suppose to do. Its starting to look like the only way to achieve that is to switch to a different brand. Maybe this is an issue all brands have?? I haven't done the research on that yet. Even if that's the case then what the heck? These lights are very expensive, i cannot believe this is the best that can be done.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

flashsmith

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold mine 3 months ago and went with a different brand. I absolutely hated the buggy issues that would show up every so often and always having to do a factory reset if I wanted to make changes to the settings. Switched to reef breeders. For what they cost I agree they could try to address some of the gremlins but they never do. Especially since they got gobbled up when BRS sold out. I don't expect them to do much improvements on anything.

OP
OP
A

arcangelreef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold mine 3 months ago and went with a different brand. I absolutely hated the buggy issues that would show up every so often and always having to do a factory reset if I wanted to make changes to the settings. Switched to reef breeders. For what they cost I agree they could try to address some of the gremlins but they never do. Especially since they got gobbled up when BRS sold out. I don't expect them to do much improvements on anything.
Absolutely absurd this is an issue, being a so called premium product.

AquaCave Logo Banner
Top Shelf Aquatics

JB Reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im very quickly losing confidence in these lights.
I have 5 XR15's. 2 G6 and 3 G5's.
Too many instances I've had these lights randomly just decide to do its own thing.
Ive woken up in the morning to having just a single light on doing who knows what when it should be off.
Ive come home to having a light seemingly running at 100% since i can hear the fan going non stop and the colour under that light looks off from my regular schedule. I cant for sure say its at 100% but its definitely not doing what the other lights are regardless of what mobius tells me. And its not always the same light. which leads me to believe its not a singular issue but a systemic issue with these lights.

Other day i tried to do some testing on some other lights so i setup a new tank in mobius and connected those lights, my display lights lost their minds. Even at one point trying to sync them all back up they forgot what time it i was.. running the schedule like it was 7:30 am when even in the app in settings it clearly showed the correct time.

Searching the web, it seems this is a common problem with radions and mobius. I found it hilarious, if anyone here watches reefbum's podcasts, keith had dong zou on and he told a story about a light that randomly went to 100%. Keith knew exactly what kind of light it was and reminded dong not to mention the brand since they sponsor his podcast. We all know what brand it was. Funny.

Anyone who owns radions must have dealt with these issues.
WHAT are you doing to combat this? is there something a guy can do to eliminate this from happening? Is there a firmware update or app update available I don't know about?

I work out of town a fair bit, I would like to be confident that my lights are going to be doing what they're suppose to do. Its starting to look like the only way to achieve that is to switch to a different brand. Maybe this is an issue all brands have?? I haven't done the research on that yet. Even if that's the case then what the heck? These lights are very expensive, i cannot believe this is the best that can be done.
Delete them and re install them with updates usually fixes all bugs. Make sure your serial numbers aren't corrupted and match the lights serial number.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is definitely a mobius issue. I never had any problems when using the reeflink. As soon as I switched to Mobius I started having some strange issues (like one light not shutting completely off at night).

Charlie the Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also having these issues. Took me an actual hour last night to slightly tweak my flow/light for mp40s/radions.

I always resort to factory resetting every piece of equipment (I have 4x G6 radions, 4x mp40s, all purchased new in the last 9 months). What a PITA....

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Geo's Reef
Back