Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a couple months ago I came across a smoking deal on a Red Sea Reefer 450. I had just setup a Marineland 150 but I kept looking at the 450 I had sitting in the garage. The plan was to part out the 450 to make some money on. So I quickly sold off a good chunk of the collector end livestock that came with the tank. After I recouped about 50% of my money back I decided to keep the 450 and set it up. I moved my gun safe in my office and opened up a nice 6' section of wall for the tank. I leak tested the tank for a couple weeks and finally filled it up with saltwater at the end of last week. I then added Carib Sea Seafloor Special live sand and the exisiting rock that came with the tank. I haven't decided if Im gonna keep the rockwork the way it is or change it up a bit. I might shrink up the left side possibly in the future.

Here is the equipment that came with the tank and I am using -

Red Sea Reefer 450

3 AI Prime HD's

Simplicity 320 DC Skimmer

Current Eflux 6009 return

It also came with a pair of Koralias I am going to replace with my IceCap 3K Gyre. Im also on the fence about keeping the primes or running a few Hydra 26's. The Primes really do light up the tank surprisingly and everything looked awesome under those lights from the previous owner. I will be using a old school Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper to control my tank

Livestock wise there will be a pair of snowflake clowns, 3 blue-green chromis, sixline wrasse and a purple firefish that will come from my 40 breeder frag tank into the display. Still deciding on what other fish I want to add. I will mainly be keeping a mix of LPS, zoas, a few montis and softies in this tank. Just added my Dr TIm's One and Only tonight so hopefully I can transfer everything over soon

Top Shelf Aquatics

Phelipe's Ocean

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet System! Red Sea Reefers are so nice to me. It will be interesting to see how corals do under AI primes with a large tank. I currently run one but on a nano and being able to customize the color to whatever you like is great!

OP
OP
Quinn

Quinn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet System! Red Sea Reefers are so nice to me. It will be interesting to see how corals do under AI primes with a large tank. I currently run one but on a nano and being able to customize the color to whatever you like is great!

I interested also. I have a few Hydra 26's waiting in the wings if I dont like the primes. When I purchased the tank with these lights on it the tank was thriving though.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Phelipe's Ocean

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I interested also. I have a few Hydra 26's waiting in the wings if I dont like the primes. When I purchased the tank with these lights on it the tank was thriving though.

Well if thats the case you can just send me the hydra’s I wouldn’t want them taking up valuable space in your home[emoji23]

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Quinn

Quinn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I updated. Summer has been busy and the tank always gets neglected a bit. I broke down my 40G breeder frag tank and transferred everything into my RSR450. I just kinda threw everything in there and still have mounted anything. I leave for MACNA on Thursday and the plan is when I get back to get everything in its final (for now atleast) resting place. Here are some random pics!

3799840E-6B92-47E5-9B1C-2C08B31169FA.jpeg
705175FB-48A4-46F4-911A-59BCE999A024.jpeg
FD4DA4CC-3966-4C4F-A2E5-35788572625F.jpeg

Last edited:
Avast
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ultimate Corals
Back