+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!!!,

I have been struggling trying to figure out if I have been giving my ocean babies enough food.

What I have in my 75 gal tank:
-3 Banggai Cardinals (2 babies, 1 adult)
-2 Wyoming White clowns
-2 baby Darwin clowns
-2 Green Clown gobies
-1 Coral Beauty
-1 Golden Headed Sleeper goby
-1 Ornate wrasse
-1 Leopard wrasse

Currently, I have been making a blend of:
-1 cube of brine shrimp
-1 cube or spirulina/shrimp
-1 cube of Mega Marine Angel
- A chunk of krill that I break off from my krill sheets
- 1 capful of “Nourish”
-5’ish drops of “Garlic Guard”

When feeding time comes around, I have been giving them around 2tsp of the blend^, once a day in the late afternoon. It seems like a lot when it goes in the tank but i’m not sure everyone is eating. My female Clown eats like a hog and i’m not sure if it is enough for everyone else. I also do not want to over feed so I feel a bit stumped. My sleeper goby has a pinched stomach and I try to target feed him but i’m just worried it’s simply not enough. I lost my Diamond goby a while back, to an internal parasite that starved him, and I would absolutely hate to lose my sleeper goby as well.
Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
B

Bophy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my ~50 fish 1/4 cube of calanus, 1 cube of brine and 2 cubes (equivalent) of mysis and reef frenzy twice per day. So 6.5 cubes for 50 fish. Plus they get a good helping of pellets four times a day as well.
I saw the clips you can get for your tank, for seaweed and such, do any of my fish eat any types of seaweed to your knowledge? I was r thinking about purchasing some algae wafers as well.

Nutramar Foods

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the clips you can get for your tank, for seaweed and such, do any of my fish eat any types of seaweed to your knowledge? I was r thinking about purchasing some algae wafers as well.
Any herbivore will (tangs, angels and occasionally one of the other types). I have a few wrasses that do "queue" up for a quick bite as well.

OP
OP
B

Bophy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any herbivore will (tangs, angels and occasionally one of the other types). I have a few wrasses that do "queue" up for a quick bite as well.
Last question, are there any other good foods besides seaweed that you can put onto a clip to last them a while?

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last question, are there any other good foods besides seaweed that you can put onto a clip to last them a while?
I wrap my seaweed to small rocks with rubberbands and they polish it off in about 5 minutes... The only other thing that I feed them are algae pellets (which they seem to really love) and I've started adding LRS Herbivore Frenzy to their diet.

BRS

Rick's Reviews

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For feeding times I have adjusted over the months, years, I have all the food available from frozen to live and have worked out what works best in my aquriam.
I honestly could not tell you how to feed YOUR aquarium life.
I find a variety of food, just mix it up abit, keeps them happy

OP
OP
B

Bophy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrap my seaweed to small rocks with rubberbands and they polish it off in about 5 minutes... The only other thing that I feed them are algae pellets (which they seem to really love) and I've started adding LRS Herbivore Frenzy to their diet.
Great info, thanks! :)

World Wide Corals

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it’s on the low side, especially when you are feeding 2 types of brine shrimp which are low in nutrients, good food but not a high nutrient food.

There are lots of different frozen foods, you can even buy from the fish counter things like octopus, clams etc, freeze then grate them.

I don’t think you are under feeding tho, just keep an eye on your tank parameters and if they are good, feed as much as they will eat.

A side note, not sure if true but I’ve heard these vitamin supplements don’t attach to frozen foods that good so I would probably concentrate on actual foods and just see the vitamin supplements as a bonus.

Corals.com

laezur

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a word of caution on garlic.....

While it's great to get picky eaters to try different foods, it has been shown to cause liver damage in long term use.
The majority of the foods you can buy off the market are coated in garlic to make them more attractive to our fish, and that includes a lot of the more expensive/high end brands.

Obviously, out of curiosity and nothing more, are you able to provide proof of this for my own research so I can decide for myself whether or not I wish to keep feeding my ocean nutrition food?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Extreme Corals
Back