+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I'm looking to see if I can find an impeller replacement for my old Jebao SW-2. I can't find any replacement for that model but there are replacements for later Jebao models and the shape of the impeller is exactly the same. So I wonder if one of the series after SW use the same size impeller so I could use it in my old Jebao. Just thought I'd try that before I buy a new wavemaker because I hate throwing away something when it just requires a part replacement

Thanks in advance!

Corals.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Elbereth

Elbereth

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know but I'm a great believer in repairing before tossing. I'm planning to upgrade to something more reliable soon but this pump is still functional. The impeller motor swelled a bit, that's all - I used to soak it in vinegar before I read on this forum that it can cause this exact issue.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know but I'm a great believer in repairing before tossing. I'm planning to upgrade to something more reliable soon but this pump is still functional. The impeller motor swelled a bit, that's all - I used to soak it in vinegar before I read on this forum that it can cause this exact issue.
I wouldn't risk using it then. If the motor windings get exposed, it can leach copper in your tank. I replace mine every 2 years, when they fail.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion Lighting & Supply
Back