Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this kit and the sock holder and divider came apart requiring them to be glued together. I used gorilla super glue gel to glue the pieces together and used enough to have the glue spill out of the sides where I was able to smooth it out. Found out that the glue is not waterproof or water-resistant so I'm thinking it won't hold a tight waterproof seal. So, should I add silicone along both sides where they are connected? Anyone use this kit and ran into the same problem?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
P

Paul24

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this kit and the sock holder and divider came apart requiring them to be glued together. I used gorilla super glue gel to glue the pieces together and used enough to have the glue spill out of the sides where I was able to smooth it out. Found out that the glue is not waterproof or water-resistant so I'm thinking it won't hold a tight waterproof seal. So, should I add silicone along both sides where they are connected? Anyone use this kit and ran into the same problem?
By "came apart" I mean it was requiring assembly when I got it.

BRS
OP
OP
P

Paul24

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used superglue. Cyanoacrylate. Fwiw it's not super important imo, as once everything is siliconed in place it can't really move because of the notches they cut to fit them together
Ok that’s good to know then. I was concerned cause I can see some gaps where the pieces didn’t sit flat. The glue is dried now and yea I see like pockets but have glue on the sides not just on the edges where the pieces meet.

OP
OP
P

Paul24

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't be an issue I don't think. Pretty sure I just glued at the notches from one side if I recall and then a bead of silicone along the top on the sock side where the black met the clear acrylic
I may do that too just to make sure. Want the water to go into the filtration and not around haha

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may do that too just to make sure. Want the water to go into the filtration and not around haha
I hear ya. Silicone is your friend lol. Mine came out a little ugly but hardly noticeable with water in it. Great kit. Just wish I had more room to work with, but that's the 20 long's fault
20220607_090623.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back