+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon all!

First time in 10 years rushing into something with the hobby (had to learn that lesson the hard way) and I am a little nervous:

Last July I sold my house, and moved to a temporary house for a year. When selling the house, I sold my 200G tank.
In the mean time I've been housing my fish in an old 75 gallon my LFS had. Got everything moved over (rocks and fish). About a week ago I noticed there was very little silicon left, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the new tank, a cade reef 1200 s2... it gets here tomorrow.

Now the issue, last night I was testing all the parameters of the water with my Hannah checkers, and noticed there's about .2-.3 PPM of Copper in the water. Not sure how it got in there, but, it's in there.

SO : I am going to start fresh, new sand, new rocks, new water. I have very few corals that made it through the move, only Zoas left. (possibly due to the copper) and the following live stock : Purple tang, orange shoulder, white tail bristle tooth, mandarin goby, hawkfish, rabbit fish, marine beta, and 2 clowns. With "live sand" (from CaribSea), dry rocks, and a bottle of Turbo Start, do you all think I should be alright as long as I monitor the Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate levels? I will be taking a week off work to be able to be around the tank to make sure everything goes smooth. But wanted some more opinions.

Sadly I can not safely keep the old tank up, as I will not have room, and I am just nervous with the small amount of silicon left.

Thanks,
iinux

AS
Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back