Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I purchased a blue tang about 34 days ago, she has been in quarantine with copper medication the entire 34 days. I was just about to move her to my main tank this week, as I was feeding I noticed a bunch of black dots on her face they are only on her forehead and about a half inch from her mouth on both cheeks, they end the exact same spot on both sides and they are not anywhere else on her body. They are very dark black and look to be different sizes, the biggest one is still very small. It literally looks as if someone had black paint on their hand and flicked it and that's where the drops landed. (If that makes any sense) I am trying very hard to get a good picture, I have messed with my lighting I used filters that I purchased for taking pictures of my tank and I even tried slow motion video, the dots are not showing up to the camera. She is very active, and eats very well I feed her bloodworms, mysis, flakes, pellets, there is an abundance of live pods in the tank, I also add live BBS a couple times a week, and frozen seaweed, I soak every feeding for all of my fish with garlic and selcon. Since I purchased her she has also grown at least 1 1/2". The size difference in 30 days is very obvious. I'm not sure if adding tank size and parameters will be beneficial since she is currently in a quarantine tank. I have 2 other fish, both clowns in the QT with her and they have not shown any signs of these dots. I look at my fish very often and just noticed these late last night. After searching the internet I am a bit nervous and am afraid of what this might be even though when I first noticed them my first thought was how cute her new freckles were! Any help or advice would be great. I am going to try to find a picture online for comparison and I will then add it to this post, I will continue to try to get a good picture/video of her.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
kourtnee

kourtnee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I purchased a blue tang about 34 days ago, she has been in quarantine with copper medication the entire 34 days. I was just about to move her to my main tank this week, as I was feeding I noticed a bunch of black dots on her face they are only on her forehead and about a half inch from her mouth on both cheeks, they end the exact same spot on both sides and they are not anywhere else on her body. They are very dark black and look to be different sizes, the biggest one is still very small. It literally looks as if someone had black paint on their hand and flicked it and that's where the drops landed. (If that makes any sense) I am trying very hard to get a good picture, I have messed with my lighting I used filters that I purchased for taking pictures of my tank and I even tried slow motion video, the dots are not showing up to the camera. She is very active, and eats very well I feed her bloodworms, mysis, flakes, pellets, there is an abundance of live pods in the tank, I also add live BBS a couple times a week, and frozen seaweed, I soak every feeding for all of my fish with garlic and selcon. Since I purchased her she has also grown at least 1 1/2". The size difference in 30 days is very obvious. I'm not sure if adding tank size and parameters will be beneficial since she is currently in a quarantine tank. I have 2 other fish, both clowns in the QT with her and they have not shown any signs of these dots. I look at my fish very often and just noticed these late last night. After searching the internet I am a bit nervous and am afraid of what this might be even though when I first noticed them my first thought was how cute her new freckles were! Any help or advice would be great. I am going to try to find a picture online for comparison and I will then add it to this post, I will continue to try to get a good picture/video of her.
I have continued to search the internet and thought that I should add that the spots do not look to be pivots or raised, it just literally looks as if someone painted little dots on her face. When I got her she was probably around 2 inches and if I had to guess would say around 3-31/2 inches todays. Also, I did notice the other day that one of my clowns did have long white stringy type poop, I've never seen that before with any of my fish and it was the only time that I've seen it. I have found a picture that looks very similar. The only difference would be that the dots do not go past her eyes as far as they do in this picture.
this is not my fish, just a picture I found for comparison!

Attachments

• 1EEAA8AA-6F7B-4819-A5D9-E4DCE3E62CF4.jpeg
    1EEAA8AA-6F7B-4819-A5D9-E4DCE3E62CF4.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
kourtnee

kourtnee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the videos that I tried to get, I kept trying different lenses hoping that one would work better than the others. it's very hard to see but in the last 3-5 seconds you can almost see some of the dots. This is obviously slow motion but as you can see she is very active and does not stop swimming. I was also able to get a couple of screenshots from the other videos, but this is the best that I'm able to get.

OP
OP
kourtnee

kourtnee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the videos that I tried to get, I kept trying different lenses hoping that one would work better than the others. it's very hard to see but in the last 3-5 seconds you can almost see some of the dots. This is obviously slow motion but as you can see she is very active and does not stop swimming. I was also able to get a couple of screenshots from the other videos, but this is the best that I'm able to get.

Attachments

• 28073022-ED94-4700-91DB-6EF3C0AF8603.png
    28073022-ED94-4700-91DB-6EF3C0AF8603.png
    721.4 KB · Views: 21
  • C4CB3456-F556-4BBC-ABB5-1A697E3CCC24.png
    C4CB3456-F556-4BBC-ABB5-1A697E3CCC24.png
    713.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 03026470-4E05-4A53-91D1-D564646FCD5E.png
    03026470-4E05-4A53-91D1-D564646FCD5E.png
    522.4 KB · Views: 26
Nutramar Foods
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back