Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have had an ich outbreak in my reef tank. I was able to catch my hippo tang and get it into a quarantine tank. I started cooper treatment about a week ago. My yellow tang started showing signs of ich. I was able to catch the yellow tang today. I dropped the yellow tang into the same quarantine tank since I only have one. Does that mean that the Hippos clock starts over?
I am trying to get the other fish out of the tank to let my tank sit fishless, I have done some reading and saw that it is recommended the tank be fishless for 72 days to rid of the ich?
Has anyone had experience with this?

Top Shelf Aquatics

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many have had success with a 45 day fallow period. Again, that 72 day period was from one study in the '90s in a tank that was kept at 20C, which is a temperature than most home systems. It's thought that higher temperatures do accelerate the parasite's life cycle.

Lionfish hunter

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many have had success with a 45 day fallow period. Again, that 72 day period was from one study in the '90s in a tank that was kept at 20C, which is a temperature than most home systems. It's thought that higher temperatures do accelerate the parasite's life cycle.
Yes you're right, 100 percent correct. But be careful, I started a thread that was about this exact same topic yesterday and was viciously attracted for stating it.

Nutramar Foods

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you're right, 100 percent correct. But be careful, I started a thread that was about this exact same topic yesterday and was viciously attracted for stating it.
I'm very sorry to hear that. There's no call for antagonism in a forum dedicated to sharing information! Think of it this way, though -- many noted and acclaimed scientists have become engaged in bitter, pointless disputes over nothing over the course of their storied careers. It doesn't make their work any less valuable.

As a side note, I have a thick skin. I also realize though, that the past year has been extremely tough on a lot of people, and try to remember that when reading some comments that might, at first glance, read as overly harsh.

I just realized that the title of the original thread was "Quarantine with Cooper". Okay, that made me giggle. :)

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RC
Back