Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to find a python gravel vac, or any gravel vac, similar to what I have. Python has no information on their site. And depending where you look for sizing you get conflicting information. Like chewy/Petco are different than brs/saltwater aquarium.

What I have and need to replace is a 20x1" with a 1/2" hose. Depending where you look it's either a python xl or small/medium or small tall. It does need a 1/2" hose as I've got a smaller one with smaller hose that completely doesn't suck, won't even pull detritus up the tube

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm trying to find a python gravel vac, or any gravel vac, similar to what I have. Python has no information on their site. And depending where you look for sizing you get conflicting information. Like chewy/Petco are different than brs/saltwater aquarium.

What I have and need to replace is a 20x1" with a 1/2" hose. Depending where you look it's either a python xl or small/medium or small tall. It does need a 1/2" hose as I've got a smaller one with smaller hose that completely doesn't suck, won't even pull detritus up the tube
Lees aquarium makes similar and eBay has knock off brands
You can gravity vacuum the tank with it , then attach the end to a pump and place in brute container to refill the tank

Lyss

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would reach out to BRS or Chewy customer service and say this exact thing. They should be able to tell you for sure which is the same size as the one you want to replace w/new.

OP
OP
J

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would reach out to BRS or Chewy customer service and say this exact thing. They should be able to tell you for sure which is the same size as the one you want to replace w/new.
I'll contact brs, chewy customer service is useless

OP
OP
J

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason the one I have does not suck up algae. I’m not sure if I don’t have enough suction or the gravel tube is too long/big.
It has to do with the hose size. I have one with a long tube but smaller tubing and it barely sucks up water let alone any dirt/waste. That's why I'm trying to find a replacement for the one I have that has 1/2" tubing. It sucks up everything, even crabs. I'm having no luck, wish I knew what brand the one I have was

BRS

Lyss

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is what you want -- brs has the 1 and 2" listed separately. This is the 2" diameter listing and then you pick he hose length -- it lists the lengths for each down further in the description: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/2-pro-clean-gravel-wash-python.html

I got mine from chewy -- added it to my auto ship one month -- and I'm certain I ordered what they list as Large. It's 2" diameter with the longer hose.

CLICK TO VIEW
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back