Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone kept this similiar to phytoplankton with an air pump to keep it suspended? In the past I've kept it in small amounts with just light and daily swirls. Wondering if the aeration would activate the bioluminescence and ruin the culture. I imagine so but wanted to throw it out there for ideas

Avast

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone kept this similiar to phytoplankton with an air pump to keep it suspended? In the past I've kept it in small amounts with just light and daily swirls. Wondering if the aeration would activate the bioluminescence and ruin the culture. I imagine so but wanted to throw it out there for ideas
I know people have added them to their tanks before, so I'd imagine that as long as the air flow isn't too heavy, the culture should be fine:
Yeah - these dinos (Pyrocystis fusiformis) are coldwater and non-toxic (people have legitimately drunk the stuff before, though it’s not recommended). People add these to their tanks on occasion, but they typically only last a couple of weeks (slowed growth at the higher temp, and removal via filtration, skimmers, etc.).

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Zoanthids.com
Back