Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title is pretty much self explanatory I’ve done some research and found tons of conflicting information on the tank size for a purple tang

Would one be okay in a Red Sea reefer 350 with a open aquascape?

I think that it'll do just fine, at least until he's fully grown, and by then I'm sure you'll be looking for a bigger tank anyway... But I'm not Tang Police. =P

Mike.P

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I was looking at one at a LFS recently I saw somthing claiming a grade A purple tang with a $200 price jump any idea why that would be? It was the same size as others two

Take a close look at it, but it sounds like nonsense to me... They could possibly be talking about color, brightness, etc. Maybe the pattern. I know I personally always look at the "freckles" and line patterns that purples have, to make sure they look good to me, and aren't broken up. But I've never seen them marked up hundreds of dollars, on account of that.

leedsrhinojohn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a juvenile it will be fine but once it starts growing it will need a bigger tank.
My personal opinion is why get a fish you only intend to keep for a short while, as most people who buy fish with the intention of either giving it away when its too big or buying a bigger tank generally don't do either it is unfair on the fish.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back