Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone know where I can find a Purple Linckia Starfish (Linckia teres)? I've had a Blue Linckia for about a year but my tank is too large and I need another. Thanks if anyone can help.

Top Shelf Aquatics

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where I can find a Purple Linckia Starfish (Linckia teres)? I've had a Blue Linckia for about a year but my tank is too large and I need another. Thanks if anyone can help.
The only place I can find that offers "Linckia teres" currently has very few reviews that I can find, and all of them are terrible.

That said, Linckia teres is not a valid taxonomic name, and the actual species in question is likely either Linckia columbiae (also inaccurately known as Tamaria stria) or Echinaster luzonicus (the purple coloration isn't necessarily common for either species).

L. columbiae seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment (it may be a seasonal thing, I'm not sure), but E. luzonicus can be found from a number of different places, including a few that are reported to be more reputable:

Edit: to be clearer for future readers, I should have said "The only place I can find that currently offers "Linckia teres" (i.e. that claims to have them in stock)"

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The only place I can find that offers "Linckia teres" currently has very few reviews that I can find, and all of them are terrible.

That said, Linckia teres is not a valid taxonomic name, and the actual species in question is likely either Linckia columbiae (also inaccurately known as Tamaria stria) or Echinaster luzonicus (the purple coloration isn't necessarily common for either species).

L. columbiae seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment (it may be a seasonal thing, I'm not sure), but E. luzonicus can be found from a number of different places, including a few that are reported to be more reputable:
This is the starfish I am referring to.

Nutramar Foods

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Vivid
Back