+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

The power cord on my Bubble Blaster HY2000 Skimmer pump is frayed where the cord meets the pump body. The pump still works but I'm not sure how long this will last, any ideas on if repair is possible?

I'm not sure that heat shrink wrap will be effective in creating a water-tight seal.

Thanks!

Nutramar Foods

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

The power cord on my Bubble Blaster HY2000 Skimmer pump is frayed where the cord meets the pump body. The pump still works but I'm not sure how long this will last, any ideas on if repair is possible?

I'm not sure that heat shrink wrap will be effective in creating a water-tight seal.

Thanks!

VOTE - NEW PUMP

weigh electric surge thru your tank and losing everything currently alive in aquarium with trying to repair an underwater pump... vs new pump

fray where cord meets pump body implies something was tugging or otherwise not kosher with cord to pump body... try also to figure this out so that you don't have this come up again

BRS

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VOTE - NEW PUMP

weigh electric surge thru your tank and losing everything currently alive in aquarium with trying to repair an underwater pump... vs new pump

fray where cord meets pump body implies something was tugging or otherwise not kosher with cord to pump body... try also to figure this out so that you don't have this come up again
Eh... I've had cheap powerheads and pumps literally just rot where the cord enters the body's potting (water proofing).

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back