Pulsing Xenia is not pulsing

dmerian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I want to ask about xenia, got it about 3 weeks ago but it doesn’t seem to be pulsing that much. Thought I waited for it to settle but it’s been 3 weeks. Also, given an Alveopora coral around a week before that and it will sometimes open and nice but then it closed up again for days. Noticed something on the base of the Alveopora but not sure what it is. Should I be worry?
Parameter
Nitrate: 12.1
Phosphate: 0.08
Alk: 9
Mag: 14.10
Cal: 445
Salinity: 1.025

I attached photos and videos with flow on and flow off on the xenia that might help.

IMG_3855.jpeg IMG_3856.jpeg IMG_3850.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3849.mov
    32.3 MB
  • IMG_3848.mov
    8 MB

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flow rate looks very calm, Xenia requires very medium to high flow to survive, thrive and actively pulse.
You're nitrates and phosphates seem to be in an acceptable range, Alveopora is similar in that it requires high flow environments, when flow is low, they can stay closed for longer time periods which can affect their ability to feed and photosynthesize. I would also try to remove and take appropriate action on any hitchhikers, flatworms or pests that might also be bugging the Alveopora if you see some recession.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have high flow and they do not pulsate in it if I turn off my powerhead for a couple days they will pulsate.

mww00ds

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those don't look like Pulsing Xenia. The tentacles don't look right. I know I've grow some in both low and high water flow. What's your lighting, it might be too high. I've kept mine at low to mid lighting fir best results.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back