Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking from advice from owners of the tanks listed above. My old tank broke and am getting a new one. Right now I am in between the Prostar and the SCA PNP system. Both options come with stand and sump. I will not be building another stand and my sump is a very old beat up aqueon. The wife is not a huge fan of the super modern look of the Prostar but there is next to no pictures of the SCA stand on their "site". I did recently before the tank crack buy a roller matt and am wondering if anyone has modified the Prostar to a roller mat setup instead of socks. It looks kind of tight.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

dmsc2fs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I debated between the same two mfg. when I was looking for a tank. I had seen the Prostar in a LFS and it is very nice. I decided on the SCA because of a fit issue. i.e. I had a very specific space and the SCA 90 cube was the perfect size to fit. Any Prostar options would have not been as nice of a fit.

One other consideration is if the size you are getting will be euro-braced? If so you should make sure you would be ok with the SCA version of euro bracing. SCA uses glass pieces that are stacked on top of each other and silicone in placed. You can notice this on their website.

Here is an example of the stand. You probably would want to contact them to verify if this is what they still make. According to their website it is. Pulled of the SCA FB group. My stand looks exactly like this.

310145962_1301921097222145_89388297740294280_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stinkydavis

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I actually ordered the SCA. It should be here tomorrow. Really liked how responsive and quick Steve was. Ordered and shipped the same day! Should be here in wisco from California today or tomorrow! Sitting in a warehouse an hour and a half from me right now.

dmsc2fs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I actually ordered the SCA. It should be here tomorrow. Really liked how responsive and quick Steve was. Ordered and shipped the same day! Should be here in wisco from California today or tomorrow! Sitting in a warehouse an hour and a half from me right now.
let us see some photos.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
Avast
OP
OP
S

stinkydavis

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s good. I haven’t seen better but I am coming from an old aqueon so the clarity difference is night and day. I saw pro star in person as well and don’t personally believe there is a big enough quality difference in glass. I do think the stand could have a better quality wrap on it. it’s great for the price.
not a huge fan of the overflow box. Impossible it get rid of the water falling sound and leaves about an inch of space between the top and the water level( super picky feedback there).

Top Shelf Aquatics

DOJOLOACH

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s good. I haven’t seen better but I am coming from an old aqueon so the clarity difference is night and day. I saw pro star in person as well and don’t personally believe there is a big enough quality difference in glass. I do think the stand could have a better quality wrap on it. it’s great for the price.
not a huge fan of the overflow box. Impossible it get rid of the water falling sound and leaves about an inch of space between the top and the water level( super picky feedback there).
Thanks for the input and good to know on overflow sound. You think you could tweak the internals to be quieter? Like a baffle system?

DOJOLOACH

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SCA 150, and am extremely happy with the quality of the glass. Having moved up from a LeeMar, I cant tell the difference. I am getting older though too :)
What do you think, a 90g sca (3x2x2) or an 81g fijicube (3x2x 22). ? Im gonna pull the trigger tomorrow.

Sca comes out 100$ cheaper since shipping is 40$ and no tax

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back