Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've prototyped the delivery performance of a auto frozen fish feeder for my tanks and now I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure the control mechanisms. I originally wanted to use my apex but Im not thinking its possible now based on the comprehensive reference manuals options

Its an iteration of WallyB's design shown here: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/diy-auto-frozen-food-feeder.770/

I was trying to avoid doing something entirely bespoke using a Rasperry pi IoT relay with a bit of python but thats looking like my route forward unless someone can recommend an option via the apex.

Here is the general flow of operations.
1. Turn on magnetic stirrir for 5 mins several times a day (easy enough with OSC commands)
2. Run doser head A for 30 seconds several times of day (easy enough with OSC), this moves food concentrate to mix station
3. Run doser head B for 30 seconds, RO water into mix station. After step 4, this pump needs to run again several times this is my main hangup with the apex options
4. Run doser head C for 1 min, mix station to tank, this dosing head will run several more times in the flush stage
5. Run Doser head B for 30 seconds (RO to mix)
6. Run doser head C for 30 seconds (line flush)
7. Run Doser head B for 30 seconds (RO to mix)
8. Run Doser head C for 30 seconds (line flush)

Wait 4-5 hours then repeat this loop. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

World Wide Corals

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think you can set the apex dose to run for x amount of seconds, but you can set it to run x amounts of ml at set times so you could have A and B run x ml at say 5:00 and then run C at 5:05 for delivery then run B at 5:10 then C at 5:15. Times could probably be closer together, but you would want to determine time to fill x ml so the process is complete before next stage.

So say want to feed 10ml stirred food with 10ml RODI, run both A&B for 10ml allow to finish then pump 25 ml to tank with C followed closely with enough RODI to get food to tank and flush entire line prepped for next feeding.

OP
OP
D

David_CO

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have been more clear, I dont want to use 2 dos units for this, way overkill considering im builidng 2 of these feeders. I was going to use BRS top off dosers that turn on/off with power on/off

Top Shelf Aquatics
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back