Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent over 100 on like 4 polyps and not only will they not open they are seeding gha in the tank. What should I do with them? Maybe take tweezers to it and hope for the best? It's a small tank with just a pair of clowns, no cuc has been needed yet but I guess I can add a crab.. zoas have been in about a week. Was just trying to put more unique looking easier corals in this 9g system but idk They aren't working out

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I spent over 100 on like 4 polyps and not only will they not open they are seeding gha in the tank. What should I do with them? Maybe take tweezers to it and hope for the best? It's a small tank with just a pair of clowns, no cuc has been needed yet but I guess I can add a crab.. zoas have been in about a week. Was just trying to put more unique looking easier corals in this 9g system but idk They aren't working out
You can pull Gha away by hand and may be an indication of high nitrates and/or phosphates
Moderate light and water flow also

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
A

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm that's weird I'm seeing 2 separate posts of this. Thanks guys my no3 and po4 are 2 and 0.05 respectively. May do both pull what I can off with tweezers and then dip in h2o2 tomorrow. Even before the gha grew out they weren't opening tho.. I'll take a look at b's nano reef

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back