Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I was thinking on in the future getting a powder blue whenever I would ever get around to upgrading Aquariums which I don't forsee for a little while. But what's their temperament as far as going with other tangs. Also next tank upgrade will probably be along the lines of a 300+ gallon aquarium. I've almost always seem to not have any problems with tangs getting along with another even similar families and stuff like that as well in much smaller aquariums. Like my current system with 8 tangs in a 125 6 ft aquarium.

Top Shelf Aquatics

DIYreefer

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mine was an absolute terror to EVERYONE in the tank when I first got him. Fortunately, he was much smaller than my other tangs, so he couldn't inflict much damage on them. He for the most part ignored my other fish, but he would boss them around occasionally. That was a few weeks ago, and I think he has realized that he is the little guy in the tank. He's completely chilled out and I haven't seen any aggression from him at all recently. This is in a 125 w/ 4 other tangs and a variety of smaller fish.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Bpfor3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me they tend to be fine, until they reach a certain size and they get more aggressive, generally towards tangs that are blue, such as regals. They will spare with others, but its not a big deal. I think with a 200 you would be fine. I would recommend QT or big UV and try to put your tang gang in around the same time.

Avast

zoomonster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally got another powder blue who is basically locked up now in a big acclimation box to heal. Purple tang went after it viscously, knifes out and got him a couple times. Never seen anything like it and was having to chase the purple off with a stick. Had blues before but purple was never this bad. If anything, this blue is way to meek. Even my bicolor angel that bothers no one went after him.

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add the Purple and Powder Blue tangs late in adding tangs into your tank. I always have Powder Blue, Purple and Yellow in all of my tanks over the years.

Dave1993

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add the Purple and Powder Blue tangs late in adding tangs into your tank. I always have Powder Blue, Purple and Yellow in all of my tanks over the years.
how would u go about adding a black to a purple + powder blue

Nutramar Foods

PigFarmer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powerd blue in a 200gallon predator tank and the powder is the boss butt hole of all the fish. Puts 3 triggers in their place and torments a pair of hawKfish to the point I'm about to remove the DANG THING

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how would u go about adding a black to a purple + powder blue
I NEVER keep a black, too expensive thus cause me to sleep in the dog house for too long and my back can’t take it, but from all account Black Tangs are wusses. I would make sure the black go I. First and is the largest of the tangs. Especially consider the price tag of this tang.

Dave1993

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I NEVER keep a black, too expensive thus cause me to sleep in the dog house for too long and my back can’t take it, but from all account Black Tangs are wusses. I would make sure the black go I. First and is the largest of the tangs. Especially consider the price tag of this tang.
i already have a powder blue and a purple would be adding to black tang to them lol

Avast

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i already have a powder blue and a purple would be adding to black tang to them lol
Well good luck to you then. Get a huge mirror and have large acclimation box. Likely you need to keep them separate for a while. Make sure the Black tang is in good shape and eating well before you let him run down the gauntlet.
Once I added a Power Brown tang to a tank with Powder Blue tang 420 gal). Knowing the Brown will run the gauntlet, I trained him to eat Nori from a clip on a stick. He was fat before I added him. He have to hide in the rock for weeks. I specially feed him by place the Nori clip right where he is hiding.
after several weeks, he was just one of the tangs and able to fend for himself.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Geo's Reef
Back