+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I was hoping someone with more experience can help me determine what size tank is good for my mom's upgrade.
I was getting into the hobby but had multiple surgeries last year that just took me out, but my mom step in and claimed the whole set up and has been running a 35 gallon all by herself with no prior knowledge of the hobby and is not only doing amazingly well but has fallen completely in love with it!
She really has her heart set on a few fish and we discussed getting a bigger tank so she can get them. But my mind is having trouble picturing how big those tanks are vs fish size.
So if she wants to stock
1 blue tang
1 yellow tang
1 fairy wrasse
1 neon cleaner goby (carry over from current tank)
2 clown fish (carry over from current tank)
3 blue green reef chromis (carry over from current tank)

What size tank would be good? Is a 120 to small for the three larger fish?
She is very good about not over stocking her current one and would only be adding those three. There are so many mixed opinions on tangs that it's confusing so personal experience or stocking lists would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time!

World Wide Corals

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I was hoping someone with more experience can help me determine what size tank is good for my mom's upgrade.
I was getting into the hobby but had multiple surgeries last year that just took me out, but my mom step in and claimed the whole set up and has been running a 35 gallon all by herself with no prior knowledge of the hobby and is not only doing amazingly well but has fallen completely in love with it!
She really has her heart set on a few fish and we discussed getting a bigger tank so she can get them. But my mind is having trouble picturing how big those tanks are vs fish size.
So if she wants to stock
1 blue tang
1 yellow tang
1 fairy wrasse
1 neon cleaner goby (carry over from current tank)
2 clown fish (carry over from current tank)
3 blue green reef chromis (carry over from current tank)

What size tank would be good? Is a 120 to small for the three larger fish?
She is very good about not over stocking her current one and would only be adding those three. There are so many mixed opinions on tangs that it's confusing so personal experience or stocking lists would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time!
Honestly I would look at a 6 foot tank for tangs especially a blue. They’re very active and grow fast!

Corals.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back