Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna be adding a new fish or two to my reef tank and one of them I've never owned one in that family. It's a Prickly leather jacket file fish.
If anyone has one now or in the past any experience with them is greatly appreciated. I dont see any potential problems but it will be going in a large acclimation box for a while as the only fish I'm worried about aggression is my large Broomtail Wrasse as she is the queen of the tank but I'm figuring other than showing some interest checking it out I dont think she'll harass to kill since it's a different fish and not a wrasse. I can't add wrasses tried a large Harlequin Tusk her size a year ago and she did not accept it trying to kill it and had to take it back. I havnt added a fish in 1 year and that was my Japanese Dragon Eel. My current stock list is...
Broomtail wrasse
Squirrel fish
Miniatus Grouper
Hippo Tang
Japanese Dragon Eel
Black Hawaiian trigger
Assasi trigger
Huma trigger
Undulated trigger
It's going into a nice ecosystem, so any advice from previous 1st hand experience will be nice. My fish are like my dogs, part of the family and the dogs and fish live and eat better than we do the corals are just for fun and fragging them as they grow and selling them to local people for cheap and a little play money. Here's a vid of the tank it will be going in for reference and a pic of the fish, it needs to be big and this one is around 5 inches.
20230331_165753.jpg
20230331_165539.jpg
20230331_165538.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back