Potential Additional Fish

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello looking for some opinions. So currently I have a pair of clownfish, blue damsel, cleaner shrimp and an orange spotted goby and various snails and hermits in a 50 gallon with LPS and SPS. Tank is about 10 months old and the fish have been on there for about 6. If I wanted to get another fish at this point what kind would you recommend?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm partial to small, gentle fish. I'd vote for neon blue cleaner goby, hector's goby, or maybe even a two spot candy hogfish (though this one I haven't yet personally brought home)

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd consider a Bicolor or Midas Blenny.... lots of personality and pretty peaceful in my experience

OP
OP
dbroncos

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Also looking for a fish that will swim around and is colorful. Was thinking maybe a wrasse but heard they are ornery. I’m also slightly concerned about the existing fish bullying the new addition. Any feedback?

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Also looking for a fish that will swim around and is colorful. I’m slightly concerned about the existing fish bullying the new addition. Any feedback?
Both those blennies will do the trick. They are fun cause they perch and then swim around in a silly motion.

Damsel or the clowns could be an *******. Do they show any aggressive behavior already?

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of space in your tank for some nice fish, but that blue damsel would really make me hesitate to add more. Damsels are so cruel to new fish.

OP
OP
dbroncos

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both those blennies will do the trick. They are fun cause they perch and then swim around in a silly motion.

Damsel or the clowns could be an *******. Do they show any aggressive behavior already?
Not to each other or the current blenny. When I’m cleaning the tank the damsel can be a bit of an *******.

OP
OP
dbroncos

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not to each other or the current blenny. When I’m cleaning the tank the damsel can be a bit of an *******.

OP
OP
dbroncos

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would adding 2 more fish be better for aggression? And would that be too many fish? I do have one of those hanging acclimation containers.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m partial to hectors and court jester gobies. A six line wrasse would probably hold its own against the damsel but might become a bully itself.
Smallish (3 inches), brightly colored, mid column swimmer after it’s acclimated and feels at home, royal gramma.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back