Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! It’s Nora. I thought I would share a literally tiny experiment I started about two months ago. Basically, I received a jar a little bigger than a quarter (maybe it holds an ounce, idk) and decided to put some sand, water, and a little algae from my reef into it. I did not think it would work, but turns out that it is doing just fine! Fast foreward a few weeks and I notice a spaghetti worm and some copepods swimming around. All the creatures are still alive. The only thing I have done since its creation was add a pellet or two smaller than the head of a pin a couple weeks after its creation and a tiiiiiiiiny bit of distilled water as top-off. I want to know if anyone else has tried something like this, and if I am correct in my thinking that it is currently the tiniest in the world!
F83AFBED-2A08-4D89-BBDE-F2EB41C40FF3.png
8F02C0E2-E90D-4EBD-A7B0-7F2D3AABF779.png

World Wide Corals

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be interesting to see if let's say a single Zoa would live there. Secondly - it would be interesting for you to send an ICP sample (at the end of the experiment) - to see whether the cap - (obviously metal - looks like Aluminum) has caused a change.

OP
OP
H3rm1tCr@b

H3rm1tCr@b

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be interesting to see if let's say a single Zoa would live there. Secondly - it would be interesting for you to send an ICP sample (at the end of the experiment) - to see whether the cap - (obviously metal - looks like Aluminum) has caused a change.
That is a good idea! I do not think I can afford an ICP atm, I’m a broke college student, but I did not consider the effects of the lid, it was a very good point. For all I know it could be aiding in its survival!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back