Possible ICH ?

praba775

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so I spotted some ich on my yellow foxface and a tomini tang. I noticed it because my cleaner wrasse was cleaning them and he never cleans anyone. So I became suspicious and saw only white spots on those two fish only. I quickly raised the temperature by one degree celcius so that the ICH lifespan will shorten. The next day there was no white spots to be seen. Does this mean there is no ICH ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so I spotted some ich on my yellow foxface and a tomini tang. I noticed it because my cleaner wrasse was cleaning them and he never cleans anyone. So I became suspicious and saw only white spots on those two fish only. I quickly raised the temperature by one degree celcius so that the ICH lifespan will shorten. The next day there was no white spots to be seen. Does this mean there is no ICH ?
Raising the water temperature only works for freshwater ich. For marine ich, it actually makes the infection worse.

You could have just seen sand grains or mucus stuck to the fish, BUT one of the trademarks of an ich infection is at the start, they all go through their life cycle at about the same time, which means they all drop off to replicate at the same time. Watch for returning spots over the next few days to two weeks.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back