Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been through 2 treatments of maracyn two fr popeye disease. the question here. its eye is still poping out. do i need a third treatment cycle or leave it in qt and see if the eye will go back in or put it back in the dt and presume that popeye is cured on the clown fish?

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been through 2 treatments of maracyn two fr popeye disease. the question here. its eye is still poping out. do i need a third treatment cycle or leave it in qt and see if the eye will go back in or put it back in the dt and presume that popeye is cured on the clown fish?
While maracyn 2 is effective in freshwater for popeye, it is hit and miss in marine treatment.
Is it one eye or both?
If one, You want Maracyn 1 AKA maracyn which is ethromyacin and more effective. If both eyes, may be bacterial then you want to use Seachem Kanaplex for at least 5 days

AquaCave Logo Banner

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on needing to see a video and clear pictures, as well as needing to use Maracyn 1, not 2 on bacterial eye diseases.
There are mechanical causes of popeye, those do not respond to antibiotics.
Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back