Poor Red Sea Customer Service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe Batt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Red Sea Max Nano in mid April from my LFS store in Dubai. This is the second Red Sea aquarium I own, the other being the Reefer 350. I was considering a 650 Reefer but I am having second thoughts after this.

It turned out that the two pumps and the power box were 110v not the 240v that is the standard in Dubai. My LFS contacted Red Sea in China and was told the incorrect parts would be sent by return.

It took nearly 2 months for the two pumps and the power box to arrive! When they did the power box was 240v but both pumps were exactly the same 110v NOT 240v as requested.

My LFS contacted Red Sea again over 2 weeks ago and was told that they would dispatch the pumps ASAP. Now, over 2 weeks later and despite the LFS repeatedly being told the parts have been dispatched and requesting a tracking number (which has not been given) the parts have not arrived.

I am appalled by the lack of customer service by Red Sea. These aquariums are not cheap and are supposed to be a plug and play item. It is nearly 3 months that the Max Nano has sat useless in my living room.

I will be posting this on the Facebook forums and also Reef2Reef and I will continue to update the social media sites as to the customer service until the parts arrive.

This is a very poor show of customer support.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back