Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first episode of Season 2 of Polo Reef by Andrew Sandler just dropped, aka @Hedgedrew here on R2R. I am 5 minutes in and am blown way by the cinematography. This episode features their trip to @Tidal Gardens, which I am also an uber fan of. Than and Andrew have both been hobbyists for decades and they talk about how they have seen reefing change over the decades and how their own reefing styles and knowledge have evolved in that time.

On a side note, I remember when Andrew first started his build thread here. I was blown away back then and he continues to ratchet up the wow factor. The growth of his tank is beyond amazing. I encourage you to watch this episode and also go back and take a look at his build thread. His knowledge and passion will absolutely blow your mind! Let me know what you think about this episode!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a fan of both @Tidal Gardens and Polo Reef! Excited to watch this!!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The lich queen
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely great episode! I used to live in Ohio about an hour from Tidal Gardens, and I always enjoyed visiting when I could. Back then everything was in a greenhouse. It was really dope to see the new building. Than and his team have always had one of the best operations around. I was particularly excited to hear that 90% of their stock is aquacultured stuff they're propagating in-house! Awesome job, @Tidal Gardens!! Thanks to @Hedgedrew and the Polo Reef team for showcasing this for us!!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first episode of Season 2 of Polo Reef by Andrew Sandler just dropped, aka @Hedgedrew here on R2R. I am 5 minutes in and am blown way by the cinematography. This episode features their trip to @Tidal Gardens, which I am also an uber fan of. Than and Andrew have both been hobbyists for decades and they talk about how they have seen reefing change over the decades and how their own reefing styles and knowledge have evolved in that time.

On a side note, I remember when Andrew first started his build thread here. I was blown away back then and he continues to ratchet up the wow factor. The growth of his tank is beyond amazing. I encourage you to watch this episode and also go back and take a look at his build thread. His knowledge and passion will absolutely blow your mind! Let me know what you think about this episode!!

Where are you watching each season ?
YouTube ?

Nutramar Foods

OctaviusBrine

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely great episode! I used to live in Ohio about an hour from Tidal Gardens, and I always enjoyed visiting when I could. Back then everything was in a greenhouse. It was really dope to see the new building. Than and his team have always had one of the best operations around. I was particularly excited to hear that 90% of their stock is aquacultured stuff they're propagating in-house! Awesome job, @Tidal Gardens!! Thanks to @Hedgedrew and the Polo Reef team for showcasing this for us!!
Wow I remember going to that green house that must have been close to 20 years ago. I have since moved out of Ohio as well. Cool how well they have grown.

Reefing102

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s disappointing you can’t go to Tidal Gardens without an appointment and that’s for pick up only. I remember you used to be able to, now they aren’t even recommended by anyone in any of the Facebook groups. I’m not bashing them and the video is cool and all but is unrealistic as no one else can visit them.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s disappointing you can’t go to Tidal Gardens without an appointment and that’s for pick up only. I remember you used to be able to, now they aren’t even recommended by anyone in any of the Facebook groups. I’m not bashing them and the video is cool and all but is unrealistic as no one else can visit them.
They are not a public aquarium. Foot traffic brings it's own level of risk.

Reefing102

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not a public aquarium. Foot traffic brings it's own level of risk.
Public aquarium no, but pre-Covid you could go in and select your own corals and whatnot. They were an LFS like WWC, LRO, etc.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
JBJAquarium.com
Back