Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m upgrading the sump of my 125. Running a 29 gallon currently upgrading to a 55. The 125 has dual corner overflows, 2 holes on the bottom of each side.
1) I need help with the baffles. The 29 came with baffles, I have no idea where to purchase glass and/or cut to the right size. I’d love a compartment for the skimmer, separate part for chaeto, and then if size permits a small compartment to grow frags out without urchins knocking them around. Every frag in DT is glued down, but when I get new frags and not sure where to put them, the urchins always run them over. R.I.P. my Armageddon Zoas that got shaved off like a beard in the summer.
2) I need different compartments for the skimmer and the chaeto ball, they don’t play well together
3) I have one return currently, running it at 90% , jebao return rated 1500-3000 GPH , probably 4-5 ft of head with 4 45 degree elbows. I am tinkering with the idea of two returns.

I am hoping the 125 with 55 under it is common enough that someone can speak up and show me how theirs is plumbed and designed.

I am also planning on using a heat gun to heat the PVC and bend it to the exact shape required, but not sold on the idea.

image.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

thedon986

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy a sump kit for a 55 gal. Lots of options available like one without filter sock holder (BYO) or one with a fancy filter sock holder. Most I've seen have at least two compartments so you can have a fuge and skimmer section. I did that with my last 40B sump and it was great.

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy a sump kit for a 55 gal. Lots of options available like one without filter sock holder (BYO) or one with a fancy filter sock holder. Most I've seen have at least two compartments so you can have a fuge and skimmer section. I did that with my last 40B sump and it was great.
A sump kit?!?! What! Thank you. I have the filter sock holder from the 29 but that is a 12” width and this is 13” so hmm. Might need to get out the egg crate and zip ties

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back