Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help I’m looking for a good but cost effective chiller for my 32 gal biocube. Yesterday was the first hot day we had in Michigan and my tank got 4° hotter than it was supposed to and I could tell everything in there was stressed and not doing great. I need a solution on how to cool it down I tried RODI ice cubes they work but I want a long term solution please help

World Wide Corals

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help I’m looking for a good but cost effective chiller for my 32 gal biocube. Yesterday was the first hot day we had in Michigan and my tank got 4° hotter than it was supposed to and I could tell everything in there was stressed and not doing great. I need a solution on how to cool it down I tried RODI ice cubes they work but I want a long term solution please help
Do you not run A/C during the summer months?

If you dont, chillers run between 150-500 dollars for a tank that size.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

workhz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the house temp getting to and like someone else suggested a fan will always help speed up evap which should help lower temps. It's not near a window or anything?

AS

j.falk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you already unplugged your heater? I'm in Illinois and I don't have to use a heater during the summertime and I leave it unplugged until fall starts rolling in.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
A

abryant

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the house temp getting to and like someone else suggested a fan will always help speed up evap which should help lower temps. It's not near a window or anything?
The house temp is 77° in the summer but my room is upstairs and it gets alot hotter in my room probably about 80s up here and yes there’s a window I currently have a fan in it now

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
JBJ and Arctica is the best. a 1/15th or 1/10th HP is adequate
I run a Teco and versus the home A?C is much more reliable and cost effective to operate

AquaCave Logo Banner

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Point a fan at the tank. This will accelerate evaporation and cool the tank.

workhz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The house temp is 77° in the summer but my room is upstairs and it gets alot hotter in my room probably about 80s up here and yes there’s a window I currently have a fan in it now
I meant close your blinds so sunlight doesn't hit the tank and/or warm up the room plus run a fan so the air blows across the water to help with evaporation. Might help you know exactly how hot your room is so you can figure out how much of a temp drop you're going to need.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Inkbird
Back