View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have had this brown mat coming and going for a while
I think it is Dinos because the sand is pretty clean, i do vacuum it frequently, the mat gets worse during the day and seems to improve overnight as it is almost gone in the morning), it has some gas bubbles and does release them sometimes, i have a zillion snails and they are not taking care of it. If i blow or vacuum it goes away but comes back the next day)

Tank is CADE 2100 (1000L) in which i moved an established smaller reef (260L) in December (I plan to do a Build Thread, esp now that i have received my new aquascape

I am running a reefmat, skimmer, UV (57W, flow probably ~3000L/h)
feed the corals daily - so i think quite agressively, and have been running NOPOX for ages, from when i had GHA - stopped them now because i have the impression that it causes a N/P imbalance and may be the cause of the current issue

Parameters
KH 8.5, Ca 405, Mg 1350, SG 1.025
Nitrate between 0 and 0.1 - within the limits of the Hannah HR and PO4 0.01 to 0.6 (depending on the day i measure)
Corals are pretty happy and growing well, only this is unsightly and probably needs to be taken care of before it explodes

I have read the PDF guide for ID, but couldnt find mine, they are oval, no beak, very motile but no spinning
please see the photos - apologies for the very average quality - it was quite challenging to take them with an iphone through a kids toy microscope - still quite amazed of the result :)

Thanks for help and insights

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg
IMG_1699.jpg

Last edited:

taricha

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not one of our problem dinos. I would not be concerned, and would vacuum the anything I thought was too annoyingly brown.

Nutramar Foods
Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back