Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to upgrade, just about grown out of Prostar 90. Really like the idea of armored seams but only production brand I’m aware of that uses them is Red Sea. I’m looking for 60-72” long, 24”-30” wide, and 20-23” high. Also would prefer an external overflow. Planet makes pretty much 2 that would be perfect size with an external overflow. I see that they no longer make the crystalline series in all sizes, only 72&96” and the tideline are manufactured for them. Curious about peoples experiences with Planet aquariums. Also have been looking at the others mentioned in title. I like the idea of a fully customizable tank (glass cages) but time and cost are a concern however I have only ever heard great things about them. Open to suggestions, the tank will be sps dominate.

OP
OP
CaptPatrick

CaptPatrick

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planet and Glass Cages have optional armored seams I think. Glass Cages can do an external overflow, too. I think Reef Savvy also has an external overflow and optional armored seams.
I’ll reach out to planet, that was actually something I was wondering, if they offered them. Recently have read some stuff about their tanks and curious to hear what people think of them. I know glass cages offers them along with quite a few other cool options and pretty much any style overflow you could want. Last I heard Reef Savvy was a pretty decent wait to get a tank built, but people who have say it’s worth it.

Corals.com

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned 3 planet tanks and now my glass cages 300. Glass Cages far exceeds the quality of Planet and top notch customer service. @Joe Glass Cages

OP
OP
CaptPatrick

CaptPatrick

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned 3 planet tanks and now my glass cages 300. Glass Cages far exceeds the quality of Planet and top notch customer service. @Joe Glass Cages
That’s pretty much the response I’ve seen from people who have gotten a tank from glass cages. How did you like the planets, what sizes did you have?

Nutramar Foods

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
appreciate the support @Hydrored

Your tank is radical! Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your journey.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty much the response I’ve seen from people who have gotten a tank from glass cages. How did you like the planets, what sizes did you have?

90,120, 180 had a quality issue and returned then got a 210 (pvc) bottom in its place. Planet makes a fine tank, but unless going fully custom I would look elsewhere.

I put quality and customer service over cost and found Glass Cages provided both at a lower cost than what Planet quoted.

Good luck with whatever choice you make. Here is a pic of my Glass Cages tank from a few months ago, you can also check out my build thread.

14C6F3D3-C996-4EC7-AE55-AAF83A192764.jpeg

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back